Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Nov 15, 2018
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Developing.....Arrests on Sacco Robber [6]
Cytonn Investments [590]
BoT Real Estate Opportunities in Kenya [1]
P.O. Box at Posta. Corruption? [7]
Mpesa Bulk Terminal [1]
Goldenscape Tree Africa [13]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [248]
Urithi Housing Sacco [156]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [86]
I want to join a chama/Investment Club [14]
How true is FEP?? [177]
Investment opportunity. [13]
What to do with my chama's 2M? [20]
UNAITAS [1153]
Kimisitu Sacco [21]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

P.O. Box at Posta. Corruption?
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 9:04:39 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 930
Location: Future Dustbowl Citizen
I have a P.O.Box (individual not corporate) that I naively paid whatever I was told the price was when I got the box some years back. The Box is in a prime and leafy suburb and there is therefore very high demand for them there. Not thinking anything funny was going on, I continued to enjoy usage of the box's services for the number of years I had paid for it. This year I got a renewal notice in the same box that looked like it had been typed in a jua kali computer. The rate had now rocketed to 9,450 kshs pesa taslimu (the corporate rate)! This is what led me to check what rates for P.O. Boxes were on their website and I realised that even the initial amount I paid (about 3,000 bob per year) was a swindle. Individual boxes go for a standard 2k per year. When I confronted the posta worker at the desk hapo, he told me that my box "was a corporate box." But how does a corporation have an individual's name, I thought to myself.

I then asked him how long had my box been a corporate box and he said "all the boxes here have been corporate boxes for over 5 years!" I did not believe him so told him I would come back on Monday. Thankfully for me they have their online portal where you can register and pay by M-pesa. Paid the 2k fee and got the beautiful renewal certificate a few seconds ago. Moral of the story, pay online, my frens. Second moral of the story, digitisation really works well to stem corruption. The guys at the desk can tell you all sorts of stories but a computer cannot lie and keeps record. May Jubilee and handshake brigade digitise us fully to the skies in the coming years so Kenya can move forward at rapid clip!


Ni hayo maoni yangu tu
"The best investment on earth is earth" **Target 1000**
Chaka
#2 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 12:24:51 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,009
Ok,so the same crooks are the ones who gave you the renewal cert.?And what do you use the P.O.BOX for I wonder,for me its used to receive car log book and occasionally should I import stuff from Amazon..Otherwise,the box is quite idle..
kayhara
#3 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:17:28 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 931
Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus
To Each His Own
MugundaMan
#4 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:57:42 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 930
Location: Future Dustbowl Citizen
Chaka wrote:
Ok,so the same crooks are the ones who gave you the renewal cert.?And what do you use the P.O.BOX for I wonder,for me its used to receive car log book and occasionally should I import stuff from Amazon..Otherwise,the box is quite idle..


No, the renewal cert came after payment on enjiwa (their online portal). The crooks are the ones manning my post office! Haaaai! Postbox has supermingi uses. Notices from companies, shareholder correspondence, cbk stone age letters, proof of residence in kiinya, govt documents applications need it etc etc. I make full use of mine.
"The best investment on earth is earth" **Target 1000**
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:00:38 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 930
Location: Future Dustbowl Citizen
kayhara wrote:
Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus


Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Was also told you can get a virtual postbox. The world is changing big time. All these things might be obsolete ten years from now
"The best investment on earth is earth" **Target 1000**
hardwood
#6 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:33:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,739
MugundaMan wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus


Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Was also told you can get a virtual postbox. The world is changing big time. All these things might be obsolete ten years from now


You need an own P.O. box when buying plotis, doing tenders and other deals. Ama you use your employers address or your mum's address in the village?
Chaka
#7 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:51:03 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,009
kayhara wrote:
Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus

Do you mean EMS speedpost?Can a vehicle logbook be sent to you by KRA using that method?
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.