Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, May 20, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
COOP Bank FY18 [38]
KenGen HY 2019 [14]
Centum Full Year results 2017/2018 [158]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [1914]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3123]
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financ... [308]
What Will Happen On September 15, 2015? [21]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [284]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12589]
Jumia IPO and Short Seller Criticism [7]
Cfc Stanbic Kenya FY 2015 Profit drops by 14% [51]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2595]
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond [530]
Safaricom FY 2018/19 [73]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [156]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<1234>»
My Picks for 2019
Yliett
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:25:02 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/23/2018
Posts: 29
Location: germany
Thank you for sharing this. I am thinking about new strategy on this year. I record your information in my book and will do homework on this this weekend.
S.Mutaga III
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:11:16 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 809
Entry price - 4.65
Current price - 5.18
% gain - 11.4%
Not a star performer but decent gains nonetheless. Let's see how it goes.

Happy Hunting
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
xxxxx
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:57:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 434
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Entry price - 4.65
Current price - 5.18
% gain - 11.4%
Not a star performer but decent gains nonetheless. Let's see how it goes.

Happy Hunting


Entry price for what?
Mastermind
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:33:27 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,535
Location: Langley
xxxxx wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Entry price - 4.65
Current price - 5.18
% gain - 11.4%
Not a star performer but decent gains nonetheless. Let's see how it goes.

Happy Hunting


Entry price for what?


LKL
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Superprime1
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:03:04 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 194
Mastermind wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Entry price - 4.65
Current price - 5.18
% gain - 11.4%
Not a star performer but decent gains nonetheless. Let's see how it goes.

Happy Hunting


Entry price for what?


LKL

Looks like this will do well this year too based on Half-year results just in. Net profit almost doubled, up 88.8% to Sh68.83m.
S.Mutaga III
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:27:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 809
H1 (2019) Sales 697.565m vs. 513.460m +35.856%

H1 (2019) Net profit 68.831m vs. 36.463m +88.769%

Current price: Ksh 5.40

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 16.13%

Duration: YTD (Almost 2 months)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 52,932 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I will continue holding on to the share and wait for the full year results.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,052,932

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 432,000
Idle Cash = Ksh 620,932

There has been a minor correction in the stock market in the last few days, presenting me with a chance to start bargain hunting. I will do a little research and pull the trigger soon on the second counter. It is unwise having idle cash at this time. I hope to use at least half of the idle cash on the second purchase.

Happy Hunting
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Superprime1
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:43:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 194
S.Mutaga III wrote:
H1 (2019) Sales 697.565m vs. 513.460m +35.856%

H1 (2019) Net profit 68.831m vs. 36.463m +88.769%

Current price: Ksh 5.40

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 16.13%

Duration: YTD (Almost 2 months)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 52,932 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I will continue holding on to the share and wait for the full year results.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,052,932

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 432,000
Idle Cash = Ksh 620,932

There has been a minor correction in the stock market in the last few days, presenting me with a chance to start bargain hunting. I will do a little research and pull the trigger soon on the second counter. It is unwise having idle cash at this time. I hope to use at least half of the idle cash on the second purchase.

Happy Hunting

Applause Applause Applause
S.Mutaga III
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:49:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 809
Current price: Ksh 5.70

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 22.58%

Duration: YTD (Two months)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 85,593 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I have no intention of selling this stock for now.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,085,593

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 456,000
Idle cash = Ksh 620,932


Almost 2.4 million shares traded today.

I am waiting patiently for a lower price to start buying KCB in my next activity. The year-long investment journey continues. I will keep you posted.

Happy Hunting
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
bartum
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:44:11 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/11/2010
Posts: 999
Location: nairobi
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Current price: Ksh 5.70

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 22.58%

Duration: YTD (Two months)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 85,593 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I have no intention of selling this stock for now.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,085,593

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 456,000
Idle cash = Ksh 620,932


Almost 2.4 million shares traded today.

I am waiting patiently for a lower price to start buying KCB in my next activity. The year-long investment journey continues. I will keep you posted.

Happy Hunting

Nice job
liomungai
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 11:01:06 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 47
Location: Nairobi
Applause Applause
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Current price: Ksh 5.70

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 22.58%

Duration: YTD (Two months)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 85,593 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I have no intention of selling this stock for now.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,085,593

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 456,000
Idle cash = Ksh 620,932


Almost 2.4 million shares traded today.

I am waiting patiently for a lower price to start buying KCB in my next activity. The year-long investment journey continues. I will keep you posted.

Happy Hunting

People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it cannot be found on this sordid earth
S.Mutaga III
#31 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 3:14:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 809
Current price: Ksh 7.00

Buying Price: Ksh 4.65

Gross % Return: 50.54%

Duration: YTD (Two months and one week)

Gross monetary gain (Before selling expenses): Ksh 180,932 from Ksh 379,068 invested

I have no intention of selling this stock for now.

Current portfolio value = Ksh 1,180,932

80,000 Longhorn shares = Ksh 560,000
Idle cash = Ksh 620,932


In my last post, I stated that I was waiting for a lower price for KCB. Unfortunately, the counter seems to have taken off upon the release of good results. I will have to wait temporarily for the price to cool down before buying in, or look for another opportunity.

Happy Hunting :D :D
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
sparkly
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 9:50:45 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,846
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
@Mutaga you should have titled this post as "My Pick for 2019" seeing that your only pick is Longhorn Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
Horton
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 10:30:43 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,396
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
@Mutaga you should have titled this post as "My Pick for 2019" seeing that your only pick is Longhorn Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



πŸ˜†πŸ˜† should be relabeled β€œMy LKL picks for 2019-for now”
I own shares in EQTY @39/-, CYTONN, BRK.B, Almasi Beverages and a few other private small businesses

Ebenyo
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 2:01:42 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,598
Location: Kitale
Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
@Mutaga you should have titled this post as "My Pick for 2019" seeing that your only pick is Longhorn Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



πŸ˜†πŸ˜† should be relabeled β€œMy LKL picks for 2019-for now”



Or he can also lable it as: "My LKL 2019"
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 5:52:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,846
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ebenyo wrote:
Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
@Mutaga you should have titled this post as "My Pick for 2019" seeing that your only pick is Longhorn Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



πŸ˜†πŸ˜† should be relabeled β€œMy LKL picks for 2019-for now”



Or he can also lable it as: "My LKL 2019"


Marrying LKL 2019 smile
Life is short. Live passionately.
S.Mutaga III
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 7:42:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 809
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
@Mutaga you should have titled this post as "My Pick for 2019" seeing that your only pick is Longhorn Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



πŸ˜†πŸ˜† should be relabeled β€œMy LKL picks for 2019-for now”



Or he can also lable it as: "My LKL 2019"


Marrying LKL 2019 smile


The thing is, I haven't spotted any other worthy opportunity and that is why I have idle cash. I am planning on buying KCB at Ksh 40 but the price hasn't reached that level yet...sadlyLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Give me KCB at 40 and I will pull the trigger.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Yliett
#37 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:11:09 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/23/2018
Posts: 29
Location: germany
Longhorn Publishers are very good pick. With dividend yield of 9% and increasing profitability, it has some very good prospects for investors interest. I fully agree that it is stock worth watching or to be included in portfolio
young
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:09:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
@S.Muthaga 111


Would have preferred to reach you directly but its not possible .

Yes your selection is good fundamentally but kindly be advised that you should not stay too long on this counter for 2 reasons

- It is illiquid low cap stock
- After this earning season stocks will retreat from late June, there will be market correction that will affect LKL negatively even though her Fy end is June and Q4 results is in Nov.

If I were you (though you are not me) I will try and exit at 6.63 still a tidy 43% gross off site which is excellent in a bearish market.

In general I kindly advise to deploy your intelligent strategy to liquid big cap stocks, so that if you make moderate gain 20 to 35% gain , you are assured of easy entry and exit, and in market downtown if you tarry a while you will make some gains

Typical examples includes

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90


I personally did badly in speculation in my first few years in NSE as I was mostly with low cap stocks like Mumias, Cables, Uchumi of yesteryears but for more than 10 years now I got born again as a long termer on big cap stocks.
Though I am not perfect but I can attest to incremental dividends like this year
on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

The luggards in my portfolio are not doing badly dividend wise relative to last year

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.



Different strokes to different folks.
I prefer to invest long term and stay with market leaders .

May be if I wanted to speculate further I would sticked to only the big 4. That is

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

For example for 3 years running 2017/2018/2019 cytonn has successfully made gains by positioning in KCB at sub 39 and exiting at sub 45 over less than a year period

Be rest assured as per your desire that you will still catch KCB at below 40 Bob.

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

Note:- 1 have 15 years experience in Kenya NSE as a non resident foreign investor .As a retiree part of my passive income is from NSE. Mainly dividends
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
obiero
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:37:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,445
Location: nairobi
young wrote:
@S.Muthaga 111


Would have preferred to reach you directly but its not possible .

Yes your selection is good fundamentally but kindly be advised that you should not stay too long on this counter for 2 reasons

- It is illiquid low cap stock
- After this earning season stocks will retreat from late June, there will be market correction that will affect LKL negatively even though her Fy end is June and Q4 results is in Nov.

If I were you (though you are not me) I will try and exit at 6.63 still a tidy 43% gross off site which is excellent in a bearish market.

In general I kindly advise to deploy your intelligent strategy to liquid big cap stocks, so that if you make moderate gain 20 to 35% gain , you are assured of easy entry and exit, and in market downtown if you tarry a while you will make some gains

Typical examples includes

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90


I personally did badly in speculation in my first few years in NSE as I was mostly with low cap stocks like Mumias, Cables, Uchumi of yesteryears but for more than 10 years now I got born again as a long termer on big cap stocks.
Though I am not perfect but I can attest to incremental dividends like this year
on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

The luggards in my portfolio are not doing badly dividend wise relative to last year

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.



Different strokes to different folks.
I prefer to invest long term and stay with market leaders .

May be if I wanted to speculate further I would sticked to only the big 4. That is

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

For example for 3 years running 2017/2018/2019 cytonn has successfully made gains by positioning in KCB at sub 39 and exiting at sub 45 over less than a year period

Be rest assured as per your desire that you will still catch KCB at below 40 Bob.

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

Note:- 1 have 15 years experience in Kenya NSE as a non resident foreign investor .As a retiree part of my passive income is from NSE. Mainly dividends

No serious investor should be missing KCB from his/her portfolio at the moment. COOP also trading at extremely underrated price
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:27:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,679
Location: Nairobi
In my early days I rejoiced when markets rose. Then I read Ben Grahams The Intelligent Investor & Chapter 8 dealing with how investors should view fluctuations in stock prices. Since then, low prices became my friend. Picking that book was the luckiest moment in my life

- Warren Buffett
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.