Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jun 18, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12926]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [26]
KenGen HY 2019 [67]
1/4 Acre for Sale - Nkoroi [17]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [230]
KCB and NBK material announcement [96]
Sameer smeared? [27]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1092]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [69]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2614]
Atlas Development and Support Services listing in ... [99]
Sameer Africa HY18 [6]
STOCKS TO BUY by yaserbigchair [149]
Buying stocks in tandem with the dividends calenda... [6]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3136]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Shafted by a Wazuan
itz
#61 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 2:42:02 AM

Are there independent companies that inspect the home mechanicals(plumbing,electrical,major appliances,bathrooms etc) post construction before occupancy?
obiero
#62 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 6:02:47 AM

itz wrote:
Are there independent companies that inspect the home mechanicals(plumbing,electrical,major appliances,bathrooms etc) post construction before occupancy?

Can’t the owner/occupant test this through usage
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
MugundaMan
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 6:50:28 AM

Tudunia twetu tweli tuna mabo
How can someone be shafted when the onus is on them to conduct due diligence and inspect the product thoroughly before buyingSad ?
Buying a house is like looking for a good, godly wife, papa. The minute you see she has a little cray-cray in her (e.g. short temper over every single non issue) or slayqueenish tambias like showing up to the date in a tight tight tiiiight miniskirt with no draws on - RUN papa RUN!
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
sparkly
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 8:16:42 AM

itz wrote:

Standard construction contracts have a rectification period of 6-12 months after handover. During that time the client withholds payment of the final payment of 10% or so and the contractor rectifies any defects that arise.
Life is short. Live passionately.
cyruskulei
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 8:30:50 AM

itz wrote:

There are consultants (mep) who can run those test and ascertain the status of works of they meet minimum requirements. however,you must be issued with test certificates by your developer before taking over.
Make money when others are lamenting
#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:13:27 AM

Forester wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Just anika them in the same spirit so that no other wazuan gets into the mess.

The wazuan looks obvious to me!!!

@AA, the guy who appears on BD Africa louded as an upcoming developer currently doing another project on Eastern Bypass.

Woe unto the guys who'll buy the houses as same cheap fixtures/fittings have been used.

what is the first letter of his name at least.please name him so he can defend himself and also the rest of us can deal with him with caution.if he has scr*w*d you there is nothing to lose in naming him

Yaani even putting a magic connector on the sinks was a problem. Something simple and doesn't cost much. Never seen a kitchen drainage (that silver thing) being put as the bathroom drainage. When I asked the fundiz, they semad hizo ndio wamepewa.

To add insult to injury, moved out of site after liability period was over without issues being resolved despite numerous promises and reminders on record.

The guy is our very own MM. Most of you guys will be shocked and say I might be discrediting him lakini I know how much the shoe is pinching and how that toilet seat injured my makalioz (kulia kwa choo quite literally).

You should report the matter to NCA and involve your lawyer (if necessary) & bank. They will come survey the the structure just in case there're some structural flaws as well that can endanger your family. They also check on the fittings and they invite other professional bodies to inspect as well. They can blacklist the rogue contractor and ask him to redo and compensate you for your losses. Just try them, you never know. It might sound extreme but I know a friend who did and got sorted after all you don't know what will start falling apart after 10 years. Anyway, pole sana.

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
muandiwambeu
#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:56:18 AM

2012 wrote:
Forester wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Just anika them in the same spirit so that no other wazuan gets into the mess.

The wazuan looks obvious to me!!!

@AA, the guy who appears on BD Africa louded as an upcoming developer currently doing another project on Eastern Bypass.

Woe unto the guys who'll buy the houses as same cheap fixtures/fittings have been used.

what is the first letter of his name at least.please name him so he can defend himself and also the rest of us can deal with him with caution.if he has scr*w*d you there is nothing to lose in naming him

Yaani even putting a magic connector on the sinks was a problem. Something simple and doesn't cost much. Never seen a kitchen drainage (that silver thing) being put as the bathroom drainage. When I asked the fundiz, they semad hizo ndio wamepewa.

To add insult to injury, moved out of site after liability period was over without issues being resolved despite numerous promises and reminders on record.

The guy is our very own MM. Most of you guys will be shocked and say I might be discrediting him lakini I know how much the shoe is pinching and how that toilet seat injured my makalioz (kulia kwa choo quite literally).

You should report the matter to NCA and involve your lawyer (if necessary) & bank. They will come survey the the structure just in case there're some structural flaws as well that can endanger your family. They also check on the fittings and they invite other professional bodies to inspect as well. They can blacklist the rogue contractor and ask him to redo and compensate you for your losses. Just try them, you never know. It might sound extreme but I know a friend who did and got sorted after all you don't know what will start falling apart after 10 years. Anyway, pole sana.

Construction errors are wide and diverse for a layman to spot them.
Actually, the key issue is inspection of design documents and specs then match with the product. If it does not meet your criteria, just know that woman or man is not your type and move on.
There is no one fit all house design.
Performance is another monster. Your level of performance is not necessarily equal to someone else.
Buildings. Sale criteria is as built, if not bought off the blue prints.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
hardwood
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 10:42:47 AM

Shida all over....These developers!

https://www.standardmedi...ifestyle-dream-collapses
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
jamplu
#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 2:46:44 PM

Its very difficult for a home buyer to identify some of the issues and there are developers who are very good at covering their shoddy work with flashy tiles na kizungu mingi. Plumbing and sewer disposal is a major issue in most of these developments and its difficult to suspect shoddy job.
I don't think it will help to shaft another unsuspecting home buyer you can seek resolve the matter through courts but it will still take time.
itz
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 6:06:35 PM

sparkly wrote:
itz wrote:

Standard construction contracts have a rectification period of 6-12 months after handover. During that time the client withholds payment of the final payment of 10% or so and the contractor rectifies any defects that arise.

This should be the case but is it applied by the whole industry and is it standard practice? edenville 2 for example which i would assume is a big developer gives 3 months which i find absurd.Do you know of any developers /contractors who have this kind of contract, would be good to know
essyk
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:55:20 PM

This thread is disturbing.
Pole forester.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
hardwood
#72 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 2:24:28 PM

You are not alone.....

https://www.dailymail.co...S-new-280-000-house.html
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
muandiwambeu
#73 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 7:48:55 PM

[quote=hardwood]You are not alone.....

https://www.dailymail.co...-new-280-000-house.html[/quote]
Go look at your house and report back. Those defects are a common thing. Fixing toilet smooth and clean is not priority to many fundis and supervisors often careless about them. Ety window sill, worktops and wardrobes, drainage desiltation, watakuchekelea. Not many contractors have that time. Even tiles are uneventful not cut squares ruggedness and unplumb fittings etc
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Sansa
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 5:32:05 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
[quote=hardwood]You are not alone.....

https://www.dailymail.co...-new-280-000-house.html[/quote]
Go look at your house and report back. Those defects are a common thing. Fixing toilet smooth and clean is not priority to many fundis and supervisors often careless about them. Ety window sill, worktops and wardrobes, drainage desiltation, watakuchekelea. Not many contractors have that time. Even tiles are uneventful not cut squares ruggedness and unplumb fittings etc

I've noticed this issue with many homes in Kenya. People have built large homes that look very beautiful from outside but inside the finishing is often subpar. For example poorly hang drawers, uneven stairs, tiles not cut square or that are not flush to each other, water draining poorly in the shower, socket covers crooked ... the list is soo long. It's like people are not proud of the work they produce and the home owners are not keen on these things.