Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, May 20, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
US - China tariffs war [54]
Stawi [2]
The biggest collapse in private-equity Abraaj Gro... [1]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [144]
Ban on used moter vehicle parts [11]
Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Kenya - Contac... [2]
RIP John Michuki [129]
Matungu killings [2]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [327]
POTUS TRUMP [1270]
KRA Raid [54]
Passport - Huduma Centre [85]
Switched at birth [3]
Do Wazuans Exercise? [904]
Reggae love songs mix [10]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages<1234>»
Huduma Namba Je Una yako?
newfarer
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:44:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,142
Location: Uganda
ion where are the new coins?
punda amecheka
sitaki.kujulikana
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:48:58 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/25/2012
Posts: 1,794
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
What’s the point of this whole card again?


My assumption:

After sometime u will have only 2 gvt issued docs. Id and passport.

The rest NHIF, NSSF, Drivers license, pin, whathaveyou will be obsolete.

Eventually, a huduma number will track a Kenyan from birth to death.

Right now they are creating a database and my observations from what Mucheru said is they dont completely trust the data at the National Reg bureau. As you opined sometimes back, Kenyans share ID numbers.

You can download a registration form online BUT that cannot be photocopied and used by anyone else....the form is serialized.

Once you leave the asst chiefs office you leave with nothing just the docs you go with. Ie the docs mentioned above and title(s)


So what if I don’t want the cards? I am OK as I am... what happens? I have seen civil registry attempts in too many countries fail because they fail to make the citizen know what is in it got them.


What if you do not want the Huduma ID (my understanding is that the other cards will be obsolete in sometime) so i think* you may not be able to access govt services (NHIF, NSSF, DL, Title deeds, etc) Lets say our banks decide that they will only use the huduma number then you might not be able to access banking services too. Again...my assumption yet to see how everything rolls out.

I think back dating that huduma number will be utter chaos, they will have to revoke all title deeds, freeze corresponding bank accounts, switch off icu machines for patients without the number (I know that is taking it too far) - but my issue is with this time-frames, I though this should be a continuous process.

Anyaway, I think the banks and telcos, and other government agencies will be given access to this database, for a single access point, even traffic cops and hospital administrators will be given gadgets that they can search that db with - my fear is that these guys are trusting Mucheru too much, a physical id with a photo is very handy, heck even south korea and japan have physical DL cards with photos.
murchr
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:55:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,382
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
What’s the point of this whole card again?


My assumption:

After sometime u will have only 2 gvt issued docs. Id and passport.

The rest NHIF, NSSF, Drivers license, pin, whathaveyou will be obsolete.

Eventually, a huduma number will track a Kenyan from birth to death.

Right now they are creating a database and my observations from what Mucheru said is they dont completely trust the data at the National Reg bureau. As you opined sometimes back, Kenyans share ID numbers.

You can download a registration form online BUT that cannot be photocopied and used by anyone else....the form is serialized.

Once you leave the asst chiefs office you leave with nothing just the docs you go with. Ie the docs mentioned above and title(s)


So what if I don’t want the cards? I am OK as I am... what happens? I have seen civil registry attempts in too many countries fail because they fail to make the citizen know what is in it got them.


What if you do not want the Huduma ID (my understanding is that the other cards will be obsolete in sometime) so i think* you may not be able to access govt services (NHIF, NSSF, DL, Title deeds, etc) Lets say our banks decide that they will only use the huduma number then you might not be able to access banking services too. Again...my assumption yet to see how everything rolls out.



I think back dating that huduma number will be utter chaos, they will have to revoke all title deeds, freeze corresponding bank accounts, switch off icu machines for patients without the number (I know that is taking it too far) - but my issue is with this time-frames, I though this should be a continuous process.

Anyaway, I think the banks and telcos, and other government agencies will be given access to this database, for a single access point, even traffic cops and hospital administrators will be given gadgets that they can search that db with - my fear is that these guys are trusting Mucheru too much, a physical id with a photo is very handy, heck even south korea and japan have physical DL cards with photos.


What do you mean backdating?


"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
kayhara
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:49:12 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 978
The 30 days will not work, many don't even know of this requirement and most will only need to get one when they want a good service which for some people is never, mind you you still need renew your DL, passport and very soon your number plate, in the Kenya rising thread we were asking what happened to this projects, they are here now and we are all up in arms.
To Each His Own
tycho
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:02:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,375
Location: Nairobi
This is a pet project for those who think that the state is the provider of social goods and that by having one of their numbers one is privileged.

But the citizen should always seek protection against the state. This huduma number could be enough reason for civil disobedience.
sparkly
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:35:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,846
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
murchr wrote:
Siringi wrote:
the card ExpiresApplause Applause Applause Applause This country has geniuses... hapa iko mtu anakula vizuri sana set to eternity



Although what is posted up there is probably fake.....They (ids) should expire (happens even in the first world)....nobody looks the same after 10 years. Almost always when I hand my ID to some security guard...they will take a second look at me and ask again...ai kweli huyu ni wewe? You may be disabled or impaired after 5 years of getting your driving license, shouldn't that be known to the republic? I tend to think the same govt agency that creates your IDs will handle this; no tender...on the positive though these are jobs.

Yes its fake.



Just another ATM Card. I have 10 of those.
Life is short. Live passionately.
KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:01:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,411
another silly world bank project.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
doubletap
#28 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 10:30:03 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/17/2014
Posts: 98
Location: Wherethewindblows
So what's the latest behind the news...
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
doubletap
#29 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 10:31:29 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/17/2014
Posts: 98
Location: Wherethewindblows
So what's the latest behind the news...
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
murchr
#30 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 10:34:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,382
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
2012
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:12:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,288
Location: Nairobi
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Baratang
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:26:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/6/2009
Posts: 570
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.


Almost 6 million so far to date. Good progress!!
simonkabz
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:17:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2007
Posts: 8,711
Location: Cameroon
Baratang wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.


Almost 6 million so far to date. Good progress!!

Eish, thats yuuuge
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:52:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,664
Revelation 13:18 “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man......”
Gathige
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:24:13 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,004
hardwood wrote:
Revelation 13:18 “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man......”



Elaborate
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
tinker
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:18:01 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 337
Location: Nairobi
simonkabz wrote:
Baratang wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.


Almost 6 million so far to date. Good progress!!

Eish, thats yuuuge

I do not believe they have hit 6M, we haven't seen queues at chief's office, etc.
I think it is a psychological affair for those who haven't registered to feel like they have been left behind, to encourage them join the que.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
tom_boy
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:35:51 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 677
tinker wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
Baratang wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.


Almost 6 million so far to date. Good progress!!

Eish, thats yuuuge

I do not believe they have hit 6M, we haven't seen queues at chief's office, etc.
I think it is a psychological affair for those who haven't registered to feel like they have been left behind, to encourage them join the que.


I agree
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
KulaRaha
#38 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 8:59:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,411
I went to do mine over the weekend, what a badly thought out process.

You fill a form, the clerk then goes and fills all the same details on her tablet. Why not just let me do that online (like for passport) and then just come to submit biometrics?

Also, the fingerprint sensors are rubbish, causes huge delays.

They then take photos of the bloody form and upload it, LOL.

All in all, a useless exercise in my opinion.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
2012
#39 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 10:30:54 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,288
Location: Nairobi
KulaRaha wrote:
I went to do mine over the weekend, what a badly thought out process.

You fill a form, the clerk then goes and fills all the same details on her tablet. Why not just let me do that online (like for passport) and then just come to submit biometrics?

Also, the fingerprint sensors are rubbish, causes huge delays.

They then take photos of the bloody form and upload it, LOL.

All in all, a useless exercise in my opinion.



Boss, let the government throw some little money to the young people... This is the employment they were talking about, it doesn't have to make sense.

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 10:37:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,341
tom_boy wrote:
tinker wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
Baratang wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
So what's the latest behind the news...


What news?


The news is that people are registering in big numbers.


Almost 6 million so far to date. Good progress!!

Eish, thats yuuuge

I do not believe they have hit 6M, we haven't seen queues at chief's office, etc.
I think it is a psychological affair for those who haven't registered to feel like they have been left behind, to encourage them join the que.


I agree


It is possible that they have achieved that number. I have seen one registration centre in my neighborhood always having long queues from 7 to 5.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2), Thitifini
8 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.