Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, May 20, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
US - China tariffs war [54]
Stawi [2]
The biggest collapse in private-equity Abraaj Gro... [1]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [144]
Ban on used moter vehicle parts [11]
Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Kenya - Contac... [2]
RIP John Michuki [129]
Matungu killings [2]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [327]
POTUS TRUMP [1270]
KRA Raid [54]
Passport - Huduma Centre [85]
Switched at birth [3]
Do Wazuans Exercise? [904]
Reggae love songs mix [10]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Thriving, Empty and Unsettle
2012
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 4:42:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,288
Location: Nairobi
Taurrus wrote:
What about sex change?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly that's too adventurous bana

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Kusadikika
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 5:01:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,359
2012 wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
What about sex change?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly that's too adventurous bana


I think its also irreversible. Ikienda imeenda.
Rollout
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 5:45:41 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/26/2011
Posts: 697
Thanks everyone, I think this topic is important because I am very sure others are facing the same challenges or overcame them. I also think it’s important because it’s a testament for everyone to appreciate their struggles and brokenness here and there because once you have enough not to worry about your bills then life start getting complicated since you no longer look forward to the paydays to buy the small things you desire.
For me, maybe kids might be the solution. About material things, I used to think that's what I wanted but I realized a while ago that I hate anything that stands out, I don't like big houses, expensive cars, I buy cheap clothing etc. My wife can have what she want but problem is that she has her own job and her own money so she really doesn't need my money to spoil herself.
I exercise with a personal trainer 4 days a week but I get frustrated when I don't see progress. I enrolled in dancing classes but dropped out after 3 lessons because I couldn't stand not being able to learn faster, didn't know it was hard to dance.
We do vacations but it get boring when in a resort there are only 5 black couples and 500 whites in a resort in Africa. For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
My circle of “friends” are in their 50s, some of them extremely wealthy, I have also made them a ton of money therefore they always want to include me in their boring lifestyles; I drag my wife to some of the ridiculous old people social events, we both hate but have to play the game, my wife is getting tired with them.
I love what I do but I worry every day that this might be what life is all about and that’s scary, my wife already recommended counseling!!!!!! Midlife crisis indeed!
harrydre
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:18:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 9,007
Location: Kanjo
is this "thriving" @Rollout the same guy who couldn't keep a promise to contribute 5k a few yrs back?

He owes the Wazua Charity 5k.

Rollout
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:24:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/26/2011
Posts: 697
harrydre wrote:
is this "thriving" @Rollout the same guy who couldn't keep a promise to contribute 5k a few yrs back?

He owes the Wazua Charity 5k.


It was actually 10k.
murchr
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:45:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,382
Rollout wrote:
Thanks everyone, I think this topic is important because I am very sure others are facing the same challenges or overcame them. I also think it’s important because it’s a testament for everyone to appreciate their struggles and brokenness here and there because once you have enough not to worry about your bills then life start getting complicated since you no longer look forward to the paydays to buy the small things you desire.
For me, maybe kids might be the solution. About material things, I used to think that's what I wanted but I realized a while ago that I hate anything that stands out, I don't like big houses, expensive cars, I buy cheap clothing etc. My wife can have what she want but problem is that she has her own job and her own money so she really doesn't need my money to spoil herself.
I exercise with a personal trainer 4 days a week but I get frustrated when I don't see progress. I enrolled in dancing classes but dropped out after 3 lessons because I couldn't stand not being able to learn faster, didn't know it was hard to dance.
We do vacations but it get boring when in a resort there are only 5 black couples and 500 whites in a resort in Africa. For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
My circle of “friends” are in their 50s, some of them extremely wealthy, I have also made them a ton of money therefore they always want to include me in their boring lifestyles; I drag my wife to some of the ridiculous old people social events, we both hate but have to play the game, my wife is getting tired with them.
I love what I do but I worry every day that this might be what life is all about and that’s scary, my wife already recommended counseling!!!!!! Midlife crisis indeed!


Pop those kids...when you attend school meetings, swimming/piano/whathaveyou lessons and to actually see you mold your tots into a person...your life will change..trust me. Do not stop making money though, you still have Bezos to beat.

As for the charity...cant believe harrydre still remembers that Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly There's some nice guy Wazua charity going on. Am sure its not harrydre though. Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Shak
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 8:00:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/22/2009
Posts: 2,280
Location: Africa
Be a mentor to others who would wish to join your field. Build others. Be part of a charity where you can give back to society. There are so many people in need.
Thitifini
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 8:24:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 535
Location: Kenya
Rollout wrote:

For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
!



Laughing out loudly True that.....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Kusadikika
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 8:28:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,359
You are on the other side of that point where you think you know everything.

You are now ready for a different kind of education.

Start here:

https://www.youtube.com/...uypQrLdF1lFnYp2V-WAEcKu

Listen to one every day and meditate on it.

2012
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:00:11 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,288
Location: Nairobi
Thitifini wrote:
Rollout wrote:

For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
!



Laughing out loudly True that.....


I agree, some churches are weird. Don't go looking for church, seek God not church.
Mathew 6:33 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God"

Keep searching and God will find you after all, you'll have nothing to lose, right?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
kenmac
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:09:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 1,786
Kusadikika wrote:
You are on the other side of that point where you think you know everything.

You are now ready for a different kind of education.

Start here:

https://www.youtube.com/...uypQrLdF1lFnYp2V-WAEcKu

Listen to one every day and meditate on it.




THANK YOU
......Ecclesiastes
jokes
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:53:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 323
Thitifini wrote:
Rollout wrote:

For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
!



Laughing out loudly True that.....


That i agree with you.
tycho
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:31:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,375
Location: Nairobi
The word 'crazy' is an emotional term that says more about our personal biases than of others.

To say that All church people are crazy is to show that one has no regard for logic.

Again, if ALL church goers or fans are crazy, how does that generalize to ALL religion?

It appears that one doesn't need to be overly intelligent to make some money. In fact, you only need to know how to boil eggs, push a trolley, and bribe kanjos to make some money. Na ujoin a chama.

To be happy and contented one needs more than conventional wisdom.
Kusadikika
#34 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 3:42:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,359
Graduate student at Stanford
Accomplished Olympic athlete
Talented artist and musician

All this at only 23 looks very impressive. I can imagine very proud parents who probably could not wait to tell everyone about their daughter. I can imagine even more parents of less accomplished children fighting with the feeling of envy and jealousy about her.

https://www.theguardian....d-champions-dies-age-23
Kusadikika
#35 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 3:51:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,359
FRM2011
#36 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 4:33:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 11/5/2010
Posts: 2,275

Have you tried charity ?? Not the selfie-type of Julie Gichuru and other fake wannabes. Real charity ??

A friend once dragged me to KNH cancer ward 1E. It shook my foundations and changed my perspective on life. He then took me to a nurse who showed us the detained patients. Those who can't go home because they can't settle their bills.

He paid for a lady from Kirinyaga. Her family had stopped visiting. We cleared her and escorted her to the Matatu stage at Tea-room. He gave her a cash bundle with 10K. She tried to say thank you but the words would not come out of her mouth. Only tears flowed from her eyes. The dude just looked at me and told me, never mention this to anyone.

Since that day, I found my purpose. I try to leave a total stranger in the state we left that lady sitting in a Kukena matatu ; wondering who those two angels were. And never mention what you have done to anyone. Not even your wife.

Lolest!
#37 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 6:01:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,439
Location: Kianjokoma
tycho wrote:
The word 'crazy' is an emotional term that says more about our personal biases than of others.

To say that All church people are crazy is to show that one has no regard for logic.

Again, if ALL church goers or fans are crazy, how does that generalize to ALL religion?

It appears that one doesn't need to be overly intelligent to make some money. In fact, you only need to know how to boil eggs, push a trolley, and bribe kanjos to make some money. Na ujoin a chama.

To be happy and contented one needs more than conventional wisdom.

Well said
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
sitaki.kujulikana
#38 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 7:29:39 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/25/2012
Posts: 1,794
FRM2011 wrote:

Have you tried charity ?? Not the selfie-type of Julie Gichuru and other fake wannabes. Real charity ??

A friend once dragged me to KNH cancer ward 1E. It shook my foundations and changed my perspective on life. He then took me to a nurse who showed us the detained patients. Those who can't go home because they can't settle their bills.

He paid for a lady from Kirinyaga. Her family had stopped visiting. We cleared her and escorted her to the Matatu stage at Tea-room. He gave her a cash bundle with 10K. She tried to say thank you but the words would not come out of her mouth. Only tears flowed from her eyes. The dude just looked at me and told me, never mention this to anyone.

Since that day, I found my purpose. I try to leave a total stranger in the state we left that lady sitting in a Kukena matatu ; wondering who those two angels were. And never mention what you have done to anyone. Not even your wife.


isn't not telling being selfish, hoarding the 'angel' only to yourself smile - lakini it does not hurt to spread the gospel bring in more people and more people get to enjoy having angels.
tom_boy
#39 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 7:44:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 677
Rollout wrote:
Thanks everyone, I think this topic is important because I am very sure others are facing the same challenges or overcame them. I also think it’s important because it’s a testament for everyone to appreciate their struggles and brokenness here and there because once you have enough not to worry about your bills then life start getting complicated since you no longer look forward to the paydays to buy the small things you desire.
For me, maybe kids might be the solution. About material things, I used to think that's what I wanted but I realized a while ago that I hate anything that stands out, I don't like big houses, expensive cars, I buy cheap clothing etc. My wife can have what she want but problem is that she has her own job and her own money so she really doesn't need my money to spoil herself.
I exercise with a personal trainer 4 days a week but I get frustrated when I don't see progress. I enrolled in dancing classes but dropped out after 3 lessons because I couldn't stand not being able to learn faster, didn't know it was hard to dance.
We do vacations but it get boring when in a resort there are only 5 black couples and 500 whites in a resort in Africa. For church/God, I am not a man of faith, I have been to church but it's probably one of the crazy places I have been to, church people are crazy.
My circle of “friends” are in their 50s, some of them extremely wealthy, I have also made them a ton of money therefore they always want to include me in their boring lifestyles; I drag my wife to some of the ridiculous old people social events, we both hate but have to play the game, my wife is getting tired with them.
I love what I do but I worry every day that this might be what life is all about and that’s scary, my wife already recommended counseling!!!!!! Midlife crisis indeed!


Consider reading "12 rules for life"
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
tycho
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:50:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,375
Location: Nairobi
Life generally must entail an invisible war, and the question is not one of having bliss without exertion and vigilance all the time.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.