Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Aug 14, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [127]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2219]
Coop Bank 2019 [126]
KCB buy buy buy [1213]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [164]
Mansa-X Fund by SIB. Anyone who has invested with ... [16]
Properties on sale [23]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1252]
Madness at the NSE [2322]
CIC Insurance 2019 [111]
First World Markets Shenanigans [238]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [287]
Barclays - 2018 and beyond [117]
Mansa X SIB [2]
Why dustbowl is the future [606]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<1415161718>»
KenGen HY 2019
Extraterrestrial
#301 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:28:01 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 147
Location: Mars
FUNKY
#302 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2019 11:36:47 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,618
https://www.businessdail...69406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen
Extraterrestrial
#303 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 6:30:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 147
Location: Mars
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Hydro is not particularly renowned for its profitability...
KaunganaDoDo
#304 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 9:34:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 266
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Even this December ,Lake Turkana Wind will be curtailed(it has reached its annual threshold) so KenGen Hydros and Geothermals will run full capacity untill year end.
Extraterrestrial
#305 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 12:29:35 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 147
Location: Mars
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Even this December ,Lake Turkana Wind will be curtailed(it has reached its annual threshold) so KenGen Hydros and Geothermals will run full capacity untill year end.


But why would it be curtailed if the electricity is half price on threshold being exceeded?
KaunganaDoDo
#306 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 1:46:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 266
Extraterrestrial wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Even this December ,Lake Turkana Wind will be curtailed(it has reached its annual threshold) so KenGen Hydros and Geothermals will run full capacity untill year end.


But why would it be curtailed if the electricity is half price on threshold being exceeded?


The reason why Lake Turkana Wind was given prominence in dispatch is because they have deemed generation contract...KPLC has to dispatch them upto the threhhold or pay them.....after the threshold is reached per year, no firm obligation to pay them...What has been happening is that KenGen plants(hydros and geothermal) have been curtailed to favour LTWP dispatch....despite a marginal costs of Geothermals and hydros being almost 2.5 shillings per kWh...LTWP is tariff is 11 shillings per kWh....even if the tariff is half for LTWP, its still expensive than KenGen Geothermals and Hydros....Olkaria IV and Olkaria I has been venting steam

TREASURY PAYS ltwp Ksh 1.2B CHINI YA MAJI
VituVingiSana
#307 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 7:08:26 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,174
Location: Nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Even this December ,Lake Turkana Wind will be curtailed(it has reached its annual threshold) so KenGen Hydros and Geothermals will run full capacity untill year end.


But why would it be curtailed if the electricity is half price on threshold being exceeded?


The reason why Lake Turkana Wind was given prominence in dispatch is because they have deemed generation contract...KPLC has to dispatch them upto the threhhold or pay them.....after the threshold is reached per year, no firm obligation to pay them...What has been happening is that KenGen plants(hydros and geothermal) have been curtailed to favour LTWP dispatch....despite a marginal costs of Geothermals and hydros being almost 2.5 shillings per kWh...LTWP is tariff is 11 shillings per kWh....even if the tariff is half for LTWP, its still expensive than KenGen Geothermals and Hydros....Olkaria IV and Olkaria I has been venting steam

That grand Jubilee plans and tall tales of industrialization in 5-10 years have fallen flat.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
KaunganaDoDo
#308 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 7:30:43 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 266
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/cheaper-power-for-Kenyans/3946234-5369406-8h4otb/index.html

Next year is gonna be very good for kengen


Even this December ,Lake Turkana Wind will be curtailed(it has reached its annual threshold) so KenGen Hydros and Geothermals will run full capacity untill year end.


But why would it be curtailed if the electricity is half price on threshold being exceeded?


The reason why Lake Turkana Wind was given prominence in dispatch is because they have deemed generation contract...KPLC has to dispatch them upto the threhhold or pay them.....after the threshold is reached per year, no firm obligation to pay them...What has been happening is that KenGen plants(hydros and geothermal) have been curtailed to favour LTWP dispatch....despite a marginal costs of Geothermals and hydros being almost 2.5 shillings per kWh...LTWP is tariff is 11 shillings per kWh....even if the tariff is half for LTWP, its still expensive than KenGen Geothermals and Hydros....Olkaria IV and Olkaria I has been venting steam

That grand Jubilee plans and tall tales of industrialization in 5-10 years have fallen flat.


Flat. By the way they have really messed up the energy sector with numerous supply side costs that's even remotely impossible to reduce cost of electricity by even a cent/kwh in the coming 5 years
KaunganaDoDo
#309 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2019 9:48:41 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 266
FUNKY
#310 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2019 11:16:59 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,618
Ericsson
#311 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2019 3:06:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,717
Location: NAIROBI
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/KenGen-dividend-delay/4003102-5376006-83bn51z/index.html


Useless reporting,nothing new business daily is saying
sparkly
#312 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2019 7:57:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,874
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/KenGen-dividend-delay/4003102-5376006-83bn51z/index.html


Useless reporting,nothing new business daily is saying


Trully useless reporting. Some companies issue interim dividends even without the audited accounts.

IMO Kengen should just release the results as unaudited and pay dividends.

It's unacceptable for a company traded on a world recognized exchange to peg release of results on a political process that might take a whole year.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwekez@ji
#313 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 6:57:19 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,114
What's the expected dividend here? @KaunganaDoDo, et al
KaunganaDoDo
#314 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 9:41:23 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 266
mwekez@ji wrote:
What's the expected dividend here? @KaunganaDoDo, et al


Its never certain. Though KenGen receivables from KPLC has reduced, implying increased cashflow position for KenGen...In an environment when Government is squeezing money from state corporations, its a good sign.
kenyan2019
#315 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 11:34:14 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/30/2018
Posts: 54
Kenya rises to the top five in global clean energy ranking https://www.businessdail...78178-ktxapq/index.html via @BD_Africa
sparkly
#316 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:29:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,874
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/KenGen-dividend-delay/4003102-5376006-83bn51z/index.html


Useless reporting,nothing new business daily is saying


Trully useless reporting. Some companies issue interim dividends even without the audited accounts.

IMO Kengen should just release the results as unaudited and pay dividends.

It's unacceptable for a company traded on a world recognized exchange to peg release of results on a political process that might take a whole year.


Auditor General position to be re-advertised. It's common knowledge that powers that be want the position vacant for as long as possible.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#317 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:18:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,677
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/KenGen-dividend-delay/4003102-5376006-83bn51z/index.html


Useless reporting,nothing new business daily is saying


Trully useless reporting. Some companies issue interim dividends even without the audited accounts.

IMO Kengen should just release the results as unaudited and pay dividends.

It's unacceptable for a company traded on a world recognized exchange to peg release of results on a political process that might take a whole year.


Auditor General position to be re-advertised. It's common knowledge that powers that be want the position vacant for as long as possible.


Of course us foolish Kenyans believe that they didn't get suitable candidates for the position. So there was no recommendation to the President. The ruling elite have their way again.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#318 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:17:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,717
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/KenGen-dividend-delay/4003102-5376006-83bn51z/index.html


Useless reporting,nothing new business daily is saying


Trully useless reporting. Some companies issue interim dividends even without the audited accounts.

IMO Kengen should just release the results as unaudited and pay dividends.

It's unacceptable for a company traded on a world recognized exchange to peg release of results on a political process that might take a whole year.


Auditor General position to be re-advertised. It's common knowledge that powers that be want the position vacant for as long as possible.


Of course us foolish Kenyans believe that they didn't get suitable candidates for the position. So there was no recommendation to the President. The ruling elite have their way again.

Foolish kenyans are busy talking about BBI
Ericsson
#319 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:05:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,717
Location: NAIROBI
Dividend that one mid next year
FUNKY
#320 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:17:55 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,618
This is the right opportunity to continue loading more and more
Users browsing this topic
Guest
28 Pages«<1415161718>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.