Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Apr 16, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
411 on dividend and AGM [1018]
JUBILEE HOLDINGS [68]
DogeCoin: Does it have a future? [16]
Bamburi Cement 2019 [86]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1380]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [179]
Barclays - 2018 and beyond [134]
Equity Bank 2020 [105]
Why dustbowl is the future [755]
International Brokers - Available in Kenya for Ken... [11]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2871]
Uchumi - A value play? [557]
KCB buy buy buy [1356]
FIRE - Financial Independence, Retire Early [23]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15181]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

32 Pages<12345>»
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive)
guru267
#41 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:27:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 6,675
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold



GOK's stake will remain the same.
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mlennyma
#42 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:28:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 6,082
Location: nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


How now? The stakes remain the same.

Iam wrong i had understood it 1:3
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#43 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:30:49 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,437
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


How now? The stakes remain the same.

Iam wrong i had understood it 1:3

Even if that was the case, how would GoK's stake or % have increased?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:30:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,526
Location: NAIROBI
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


There are people who went to school and some who passed by the gate
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
guru267
#45 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:31:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 6,675
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


How now? The stakes remain the same.

Iam wrong i had understood it 1:3


Even if it was 1:3 GOKs stake would remain the same
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mlennyma
#46 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:35:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 6,082
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


There are people who went to school and some who passed by the gate

You learn till you die lucky is you who knows everything
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#47 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:50:48 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,437
Location: Nairobi
@mlennyma

In the case of a bonus/split or consolidation the % ownership does not change.

GoK has 420mn KenRe shares oout of 700mn shares which is 60%.
After the bonus it will end up with 420mn x 4 = 1.68bn shares BUT the total issued shares will be 700mn x 4 = 2.8bn. So GoK will still have 60%.

Keki is the same size. Just more slices!

Let's say it was 1:2 (one bonus for every 2 shares held)
420mn x 1.5 = 630mn
700mn x 1.5 = 1,050mn

630/1050 = 60%
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#48 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:52:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,404
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


There are people who went to school and some who passed by the gate

You learn till you die lucky is you who knows everything


smile
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#49 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 1:09:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,526
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
@mlennyma

In the case of a bonus/split or consolidation the % ownership does not change.

GoK has 420mn KenRe shares oout of 700mn shares which is 60%.
After the bonus it will end up with 420mn x 4 = 1.68bn shares BUT the total issued shares will be 700mn x 4 = 2.8bn. So GoK will still have 60%.

Keki is the same size. Just more slices!

Let's say it was 1:2 (one bonus for every 2 shares held)
420mn x 1.5 = 630mn
700mn x 1.5 = 1,050mn

630/1050 = 60%


Well explained vvs
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#50 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 1:25:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,878
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
young wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Kenya Re proposes bonus issue in the ratio of 3:1!

Also looking to set up subsidiary in Uganda.


Provide link please ?

bad move increasing governments majority stake 3fold


There are people who went to school and some who passed by the gate

You learn till you die lucky is you who knows everything


smile

Hehe
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
VituVingiSana
#51 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 1:39:38 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,437
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The hurt from Cyclone Idai could be heavy given KenyaRe has expanded its reinsurance in Southern Africa.
KenyaRe also owns 20% of ZepRe which reinsures a lot of Southern Africa business.

Reinsurance isn't a steady growth business given the nature of the business but the stronger firms survive to fight another day. With climate change, perhaps the reinsurers need to demand higher rates.

I like your new mortician tendency.. KENRE is indeed messed up.. Provision for it
Nilisahau Laughing out loudly
but I still worry about potential claims from Cyclone Idai
d'oh!


Numbers don't lie,hapo ndio msema kweli
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kawi254
#52 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:27:16 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 407
Location: Nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The hurt from Cyclone Idai could be heavy given KenyaRe has expanded its reinsurance in Southern Africa.
KenyaRe also owns 20% of ZepRe which reinsures a lot of Southern Africa business.

Reinsurance isn't a steady growth business given the nature of the business but the stronger firms survive to fight another day. With climate change, perhaps the reinsurers need to demand higher rates.

I like your new mortician tendency.. KENRE is indeed messed up.. Provision for it
Nilisahau Laughing out loudly
but I still worry about potential claims from Cyclone Idai
d'oh!


Numbers don't lie,hapo ndio msema kweli


I am no actuarist but there was nothing much insurable in middle Mozambique & southern Malawi . Other than Beira city the rest were rural areas...but yeah, Cyclone Idai will be a good scape goat.
mlennyma
#53 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:27:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 6,082
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
@mlennyma

In the case of a bonus/split or consolidation the % ownership does not change.

GoK has 420mn KenRe shares oout of 700mn shares which is 60%.
After the bonus it will end up with 420mn x 4 = 1.68bn shares BUT the total issued shares will be 700mn x 4 = 2.8bn. So GoK will still have 60%.

Keki is the same size. Just more slices!

Let's say it was 1:2 (one bonus for every 2 shares held)
420mn x 1.5 = 630mn
700mn x 1.5 = 1,050mn

630/1050 = 60%

this is the wazua spirit,not chest thumping how we went to school,..thanks for explaining .
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
young
#54 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:28:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,977
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Pls any idea when register for 3:1 bonus will close ?

I would like to sell off my own may be buy back even more units ex bonus.

I take it as Greek gift just as Cabacid OR EA Cables of yester years.

Bonus is more ideal if the company is doing well, it it should be minimal like 1:4 maximum.

Am not in I&M Bank but do not cherish their 1:1 bonus either.

Expect a long term free fall on the long term after KENRE price is adjusted downwards ex bonus.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
VituVingiSana
#55 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:35:45 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,437
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The hurt from Cyclone Idai could be heavy given KenyaRe has expanded its reinsurance in Southern Africa.
KenyaRe also owns 20% of ZepRe which reinsures a lot of Southern Africa business.

Reinsurance isn't a steady growth business given the nature of the business but the stronger firms survive to fight another day. With climate change, perhaps the reinsurers need to demand higher rates.

I like your new mortician tendency.. KENRE is indeed messed up.. Provision for it
Nilisahau Laughing out loudly
but I still worry about potential claims from Cyclone Idai
d'oh!


Numbers don't lie,hapo ndio msema kweli


I am no actuarist but there was nothing much insurable in middle Mozambique & southern Malawi . Other than Beira city the rest were rural areas...but yeah, Cyclone Idai will be a good scape goat.
It's a lot if it was insured, even if just Beira and the flooding spread to Zimbabwe too.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#56 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:37:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,526
Location: NAIROBI
young wrote:
Pls any idea when register for 3:1 bonus will close ?

I would like to sell off my own may be buy back even more units ex bonus.

I take it as Greek gift just as Cabacid of EA Cables of yester years.

Bonus is more ideal if the company is doing well, it it should be minimal like 1:4 maximum.

Am not in I&M Bank but do not cherish their 1:1 bonus either.

Expect a long term free fall on the long term after KENRE price is adjusted downwards ex bonus.


Minimum price it will fall is around 6-7.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Superprime1
#57 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:41:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 264
young wrote:
Pls any idea when register for 3:1 bonus will close ?

I would like to sell off my own may be buy back even more units ex bonus.

I take it as Greek gift just as Cabacid OR EA Cables of yester years.

Bonus is more ideal if the company is doing well, it it should be minimal like 1:4 maximum.

Am not in I&M Bank but do not cherish their 1:1 bonus either.

Expect a long term free fall on the long term after KENRE price is adjusted downwards ex bonus.

Book closure June 14, 2019; for dividend and bonus issue.
VituVingiSana
#58 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:41:03 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,437
Location: Nairobi
young wrote:
Pls any idea when register for 3:1 bonus will close ?
It is not stated BUT I would think it would be 14th June 2019 same as the dividend closure date

I would like to sell off my own may be buy back even more units ex bonus.

I take it as Greek gift just as Cabacid of EA Cables of yester years.

Bonus is more ideal if the company is doing well, it it should be minimal like 1:4 maximum.

Am not in I&M Bank but do not cherish their 1:1 bonus either.
Some say it provides liquidity but to me the bonuses are sleights of hand.

Expect a long term free fall on the long term after KENRE price is adjusted downwards ex bonus.
Ideally the ex-bonus price should be 1/4 of the current price but as you well know the market is not rational

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
guru267
#59 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:58:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 6,675
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Pls any idea when register for 3:1 bonus will close ?

I would like to sell off my own may be buy back even more units ex bonus.

I take it as Greek gift just as Cabacid of EA Cables of yester years.

Bonus is more ideal if the company is doing well, it it should be minimal like 1:4 maximum.

Am not in I&M Bank but do not cherish their 1:1 bonus either.

Expect a long term free fall on the long term after KENRE price is adjusted downwards ex bonus.


Minimum price it will fall is around 6-7.


EPS will be 0.8 ex bonus and forward EPS should be above 1 bob. A share price of 7 bob ex bonus will mean that one will double their money if they get in at current prices.
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Pesa Nane
#60 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 3:03:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
32 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.