Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jun 18, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Help out a Depressed Sister! [35]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [716]
What Happened??? [5]
Egypt Army gives Prezzo Mursi 48hrs to share power [132]
The horror of Househelps. [7]
Cricket World Cup 2019 [16]
Pole sana OO [4]
Egypt - No Morsi, No Peace [16]
What is Kenya doing about Ebola? [17]
POTUS TRUMP [1301]
Switched at birth [9]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [359]
Mwalimu Nyerere's wisdom- Echos from the past... [3]
Prime Minister Matiang'i [32]
Mike Sonko-The Hidiot [133]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
KRA Raid
Lolest!
#41 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 10:21:45 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,493
Location: Kianjokoma
Iganamagana wrote:
murchr wrote:
How is a judge allowing this in his court room?






There is no dress code for the accused in our courts yet. smile

What about suspect identification by prosecution witnesses? Ama that was Vioja Mahakamani stuff?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kingfisher
#42 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 10:55:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/9/2008
Posts: 2,746
Ryko wrote:
Dont be tribal when viewing the list because Corruption affects all






Very young fellas here... 90% plus of all ID number begin with 2, with a few wazees with 7-character numbers.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Queen
#43 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 2:11:14 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 97
Location: Britain
Eti High Court imeachilia hutu tumtu?
murchr
#44 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 2:54:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,481
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
How is a judge allowing this in his court room?






Someone help me her.

What are they hiding? Their names, positions and ID numbers are already in public domain.




I guess they are hiding from thise who might know them, but the judge should stop this eish
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#45 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 3:10:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,770
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
How is a judge allowing this in his court room?






Someone help me her.

What are they hiding? Their names, positions and ID numbers are already in public domain.




I guess they are hiding from thise who might know them, but the judge should stop this eish


Why should a judge interfere with ones choice of dress? The judge is there to hear the case not to judge peoples dressing.
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
masukuma
#46 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 4:10:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,148
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
How is a judge allowing this in his court room?






Someone help me her.

What are they hiding? Their names, positions and ID numbers are already in public domain.




I guess they are hiding from thise who might know them, but the judge should stop this eish


Why should a judge interfere with ones choice of dress? The judge is there to hear the case not to judge peoples dressing.

Yes... they present in court... watu wanataka Judge afanye nini?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#47 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 4:58:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,481
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
2012
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:06:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,357
Location: Nairobi
I still don't understand why these KRA criminals are being charged and bailed together. It's like banding all the chicken thieves in Kenya and charging them together. The crime could be the same but they did not conspire together to commit the crime. They should all be charged as individuals, each for the crime s/he committed otherwise we're looking at the usual Kenyan predictable corruption PR exercise...
Any lawyers in the house?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
mkenyan
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:31:12 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/1/2009
Posts: 1,736
2012 wrote:
I still don't understand why these KRA criminals are being charged and bailed together. It's like banding all the chicken thieves in Kenya and charging them together. The crime could be the same but they did not conspire together to commit the crime. They should all be charged as individuals, each for the crime s/he committed otherwise we're looking at the usual Kenyan predictable corruption PR exercise...
Any lawyers in the house?

they have not been charged yet. the investigators have allegedly been investigating them for over four months. then the other friday they are all arrested. then they were taken to court only for the prosecutors to say they need more time to investigate them so they wanted to be allowed to hold them for 21 more days. in effect after all that time the investigators are still not sure whether their actions warrant being charged or not. that is why they are being brought to court as a group. unless you want judicial time to be wasted for the same application to be made in respect of each and every single one of them. in the meantime in our zeal to fight corruption we are ignoring one thing - there is a tendency for the police to nowadays arrest people even before investigations are done and with the worrying support of the courts hold them for long periods of time. in some instances they are innocent people who are never even charged.
Angelica _ann
#50 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:53:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,418
Does KRA have internal mechanisms to deal with this before seeking kind of issues before external intervention. Were the guys given fair administrative action?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Gathige
#51 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:19:54 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,024
Angelica _ann wrote:
Does KRA have internal mechanisms to deal with this before seeking kind of issues before external intervention. Were the guys given fair administrative action?



The whole KRA cabal has the hands in the tax money cookie jar literally. Everybody pinches depending on where they are positioned. Big man big size, small man small size. It's like in the Matatu Industry, the conductor has his cut, Jamaa wa stage his cut, driver his cut , the Karao his cut etc and nothing for the matatus owner ( in this case the tax payer).
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
newfarer
#52 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 6:43:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,153
Location: Uganda
Gathige wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Does KRA have internal mechanisms to deal with this before seeking kind of issues before external intervention. Were the guys given fair administrative action?



The whole KRA cabal has the hands in the tax money cookie jar literally. Everybody pinches depending on where they are positioned. Big man big size, small man small size. It's like in the Matatu Industry, the conductor has his cut, Jamaa wa stage his cut, driver his cut , the Karao his cut etc and nothing for the matatus owner ( in this case the tax payer).

I heard a similar story in a KQ thread here.where all but the shareholders have something to take home
punda amecheka
2012
#53 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 8:48:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,357
Location: Nairobi
mkenyan wrote:
2012 wrote:
I still don't understand why these KRA criminals are being charged and bailed together. It's like banding all the chicken thieves in Kenya and charging them together. The crime could be the same but they did not conspire together to commit the crime. They should all be charged as individuals, each for the crime s/he committed otherwise we're looking at the usual Kenyan predictable corruption PR exercise...
Any lawyers in the house?

they have not been charged yet. the investigators have allegedly been investigating them for over four months. then the other friday they are all arrested. then they were taken to court only for the prosecutors to say they need more time to investigate them so they wanted to be allowed to hold them for 21 more days. in effect after all that time the investigators are still not sure whether their actions warrant being charged or not. that is why they are being brought to court as a group. unless you want judicial time to be wasted for the same application to be made in respect of each and every single one of them. in the meantime in our zeal to fight corruption we are ignoring one thing - there is a tendency for the police to nowadays arrest people even before investigations are done and with the worrying support of the courts hold them for long periods of time. in some instances they are innocent people who are never even charged.


@mkenyan, I thought by the time a suspect is taken to court there's enough evidence to convict and charges are not based on speculation? Ama? Otherwise it defeats the purpose. I understand they are being held as the investigators conclude but the main meat of the case has already been locked. Or?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Much Know
#54 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 9:58:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/6/2008
Posts: 3,467
newfarer wrote:
Gathige wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Does KRA have internal mechanisms to deal with this before seeking kind of issues before external intervention. Were the guys given fair administrative action?



The whole KRA cabal has the hands in the tax money cookie jar literally. Everybody pinches depending on where they are positioned. Big man big size, small man small size. It's like in the Matatu Industry, the conductor has his cut, Jamaa wa stage his cut, driver his cut , the Karao his cut etc and nothing for the matatus owner ( in this case the tax payer).

I heard a similar story in a KQ thread here.where all but the shareholders have something to take home

Same with KPLC, you must pay 1500/- bribe to get a token meter and the storekeeper has his share, and the "wakubwa" are given theirs, otherwise you can buy anything kplc from cables to fuses in almost any electrical shop and the payments go upwards depending on your level, if you want a huge cable kama ya 20k (market price 50k) to 200k (market price 1million) hivi, it will be dropped by the kplc lorry to your site. KPLC keep two sets of accounts as an organisation (like a muhindi dukawalla) and keep people who converted from post paid on their accounts to aid in the confusion. We are all corrupt as Kenyans ,these thieves are local heroes that's why they are hiding their faces.
A New Kenya
limanika
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:37:42 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,918
Only sad thing is that the reason govt agencies have gone overdrive to tackle corruption at KRA and tax evasion by importers is that govt is between a rock and hard place to meet debt obligations.

Since they're not dealing with rootcause (bloated govt and too much dirt / cobwebs the treasury, corruption in ministries and counties), am afraid whatever additional collections to be achieved through these efforts will also be stolen.

You can be sure some fat cat somewhere already strategizing how to reap benefit from the improved collections
tycho
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:13:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,455
Location: Nairobi
Kenya has never been economically viable and it's probable that it will never be viable. What has been left to those in power since the Delameres is to steal.

Should we expect better days, we need some serious structural, political and ideological changes. These may take long, and most elites may not wish for such changes.
2012
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:22:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,357
Location: Nairobi
tycho wrote:
Kenya has never been economically viable and it's probable that it will never be viable. What has been left to those in power since the Delameres is to steal.

Should we expect better days, we need some serious structural, political and ideological changes. These may take long, and most elites may not wish for such changes.


I can tell you for free that the biggest hindrance to progress in Kenya is a mediocre civil service. And it's by design.
You see government must employ its citizens to give hope and for work and that's why most are from the rural. But the employees know that once you are in, it's almost impossible to be let go of. Now, majority of these people do nothing, others get involved in corruption etc. We can never progress with this kind of system. Don't you wonder how all these thousands of employed people can't get anything right? Collecting taxes, duty, aliens, accounting, health, agriculture, anything... you name it.... Imagine if just one ministry operated like Safaricom, eabl or Equity?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
tycho
#58 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:54:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,455
Location: Nairobi
2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
Kenya has never been economically viable and it's probable that it will never be viable. What has been left to those in power since the Delameres is to steal.

Should we expect better days, we need some serious structural, political and ideological changes. These may take long, and most elites may not wish for such changes.


I can tell you for free that the biggest hindrance to progress in Kenya is a mediocre civil service. And it's by design.
You see government must employ its citizens to give hope and for work and that's why most are from the rural. But the employees know that once you are in, it's almost impossible to be let go of. Now, majority of these people do nothing, others get involved in corruption etc. We can never progress with this kind of system. Don't you wonder how all these thousands of employed people can't get anything right? Collecting taxes, duty, aliens, accounting, health, agriculture, anything... you name it.... Imagine if just one ministry operated like Safaricom, eabl or Equity?


The civil service is a product of a government structure that can't work. Even if wanted to be efficient and effective the civil service would still collapse since it has no product to sell.

We are still trying to pursue the myth of development as a state. But if we study the global effects of this ideology we see it has been a misadventure. Not even the wazungu seem to have a clue on how best to design and govern economies. But we look up to them anyway for direction.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.