Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, May 25, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Banque de Kigali [468]
KCB buy buy buy [1154]
Kenya Economy Watch [2517]
Standard Group FY18 [5]
Online NSE stock trading [106]
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financ... [326]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [462]
First World Markets Shenanigans [205]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [87]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1399]
Brokarage fees. [13]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [325]
Profit Warnings [147]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14767]
Oaklands Plots Ruiru [5]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018
Ericsson
#21 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 9:13:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
Transcentury subsidiary EA cables has extended maturity of its ksh.3.5bn debt by 10 years.
The debt restructuring has eased its debt by 44%.

Standard chartered bank is its biggest lender
VituVingiSana
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:07:07 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,953
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Transcentury subsidiary EA cables has extended maturity of its ksh.3.5bn debt by 10 years.
The debt restructuring has eased its debt by 44%.

Standard chartered bank is its biggest lender
TCL know how to cut deals to cut/reduce debt!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:44:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
Transcentury reports Kshs. 3.5 billion loss for FY18 (down 19% though)

Revenue down 25% to Kshs. 4.2 billion. Gross profit improved to Kshs. 880 million from 640 million

Operating expenses were 251% of gross profit & net finance costs 176%

NEGATIVE EQUITY of Kshs. -3.3 billion

Link;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=medium
Metch
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2019 11:25:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/22/2015
Posts: 191
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Ericsson wrote:
Transcentury reports Kshs. 3.5 billion loss for FY18 (down 19% though)

Revenue down 25% to Kshs. 4.2 billion. Gross profit improved to Kshs. 880 million from 640 million

Operating expenses were 251% of gross profit & net finance costs 176%

NEGATIVE EQUITY of Kshs. -3.3 billion

Link;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...mat=jpg&name=medium

Dead, deader, deadest
Start!
Ericsson
#25 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:15:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana
#26 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:31:49 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,953
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#27 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:06:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,709
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!


I need the contacts of these people who run Transcentury. Yaani +5.3B haircuts on debt and still going!
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#28 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:21:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,953
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!


I need the contacts of these people who run Transcentury. Yaani +5.3B haircuts on debt and still going!
#TukoPamoja
Paunrana should have consulted TCL guys on how to get huge discounts on loans ARM owed!!!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Receptor
#29 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:28:42 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/1/2019
Posts: 47
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!


I need the contacts of these people who run Transcentury. Yaani +5.3B haircuts on debt and still going!
#TukoPamoja
Paunrana should have consulted TCL guys on how to get huge discounts on loans ARM owed!!!



These Transcentury wazees are in a league of their own....they are magicians
Ericsson
#30 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:37:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!


I need the contacts of these people who run Transcentury. Yaani +5.3B haircuts on debt and still going!
#TukoPamoja
Paunrana should have consulted TCL guys on how to get huge discounts on loans ARM owed!!!

He was stubborn and big headed instead of being humble.
lochaz-index
#31 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:50:47 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,112
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/How-StanChart-helped-TransCentury-post-profit/4003102-5270682-n1r8hbz/index.html

That's quite the haircut that SCBK took on EAC but I guess it's better to get some cash than keep a deadbeat debtor on the books!


I need the contacts of these people who run Transcentury. Yaani +5.3B haircuts on debt and still going!
#TukoPamoja
Paunrana should have consulted TCL guys on how to get huge discounts on loans ARM owed!!!

First the bondholders got a haircut and now loans get completely written off while some other companies can't get them restructured. Quite the negotiators or is it armtwisting?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:08:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...14614-4hnshr/index.html

East African Cables is considering raising new capital from shareholders to run its operations which have been constrained by high finance costs and inadequate funds to deliver contracts.

The company is also seeking to sell assets worth Sh640 million to reduce its debt burden.
VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:31:59 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,953
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/East-African-Cables-seeks-to-raise/4003102-5314614-4hnshr/index.html

East African Cables is considering raising new capital from shareholders to run its operations which have been constrained by high finance costs and inadequate funds to deliver contracts.

The company is also seeking to sell assets worth Sh640 million to reduce its debt burden.
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! They should just take it private. I don't see the minority shareholders being overly excited about giving EAC/TCL more money!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:11:14 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
Andrew J Franklin
@ajfactual52
I approached TransCentury because it had acquired the very reputable Civicon and I thought the 29 Masters of the Universe had the vision and influence to successfully promote my Somalia Border Control Project budgeted in 2014 at $260million plus. I was wrong! They had no vision!
mlennyma
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:51:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 6,034
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/East-African-Cables-seeks-to-raise/4003102-5314614-4hnshr/index.html

East African Cables is considering raising new capital from shareholders to run its operations which have been constrained by high finance costs and inadequate funds to deliver contracts.

The company is also seeking to sell assets worth Sh640 million to reduce its debt burden.

another casino here
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
passiveinvestor
#36 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:10:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/8/2006
Posts: 103
Ericsson wrote:
Andrew J Franklin
@ajfactual52
I approached TransCentury because it had acquired the very reputable Civicon and I thought the 29 Masters of the Universe had the vision and influence to successfully promote my Somalia Border Control Project budgeted in 2014 at $260million plus. I was wrong! They had no vision!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Sometimes, not investing in something one doesn't understand is a good idea. We know how the "border wall" turned out!
Angelica _ann
#37 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:50:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,443
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/East-African-Cables-seeks-to-raise/4003102-5314614-4hnshr/index.html

East African Cables is considering raising new capital from shareholders to run its operations which have been constrained by high finance costs and inadequate funds to deliver contracts.

The company is also seeking to sell assets worth Sh640 million to reduce its debt burden.

another casino here


Don't touch please!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Balaa
#38 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 9:04:56 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 123
Location: Kinshasa
Old boys' club crumbling..case of chickens coming home to roost.
FUNKY
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 6:32:49 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,601
Ericsson
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 1:00:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,364
Location: NAIROBI
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Kuramo-faces-Sh699m-TransCentury-loan-loss/4003102-5442720-36dqwnz/index.html



https://www.standardmedi...ys-out-dead-kenyan-firms
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.