Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Safaricom MALI. [30]
KenGen HY 2019 [312]
Banks Stealing IP? [1]
Centum half year result 2019/2020 [41]
Uchumi - A value play? [441]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1301]
Coop Bank 2019 [68]
ARM Cement HY18 [159]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14123]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [142]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2094]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [116]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [203]
East African Cables [39]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2039]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages123>»
Coop Bank 2019
Ericsson
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:26:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Half year profit before tax @Ksh.10.436 a growth of 4.62% compared to 2018

Source:https://www.nse.co.ke/listed-companies/company-announcements/issuer-announcements.html
babashuge
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:17:47 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/4/2019
Posts: 20
Location: Nairobi
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?
obiero
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:28:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?

The bonus shares effect. The exchange bar told wazua about it in 2017-2018
http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&m=810650
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Ericsson
#4 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 7:30:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year
obiero
#5 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:16:57 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
lochaz-index
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:43:17 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 997
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:08:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:35:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB


Hiyo ya coop the figure isn't accurate.
The growth in PBT for coop was 4.6%.
Half year 2018 PBT was ksh.9.98bn while in 2019 it's ksh.10.44bn.
This info extracted from the financial statements
lochaz-index
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:31:14 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 997
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB

Watch the trend. Thinning NIM just like operating margins is a harbinger of what lies ahead in terms of the bottom line.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:30:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB

Watch the trend. Thinning NIM just like operating margins is a harbinger of what lies ahead in terms of the bottom line.

It could simply mean that they brought in expensive deposits in the short term, since the asset book is not declining
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:18:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB

Watch the trend. Thinning NIM just like operating margins is a harbinger of what lies ahead in terms of the bottom line.

It could simply mean that they brought in expensive deposits in the short term, since the asset book is not declining


Then they need to ramp up their lending
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:37:12 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,582
Location: Nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB

Watch the trend. Thinning NIM just like operating margins is a harbinger of what lies ahead in terms of the bottom line.
I learnt that the hard way in KQ. Operating Margins were constantly thinning and I ignored it.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:59:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Profits have been steady since rate cap but stock price has been going down... whats happening?


Half year they struggled to grow the profits.
Watch how things will turn out in Q3 and full year

I'm yet to sight the said struggle in profit growth..

NIM trend isn't encouraging.

NIM is equal to profit growth? I see the PBT growth rate was higher than KCB

Watch the trend. Thinning NIM just like operating margins is a harbinger of what lies ahead in terms of the bottom line.
I learnt that the hard way in KQ. Operating Margins were constantly thinning and I ignored it.

Yes vvs,we learn from past mistakes and missed opportunities.
cyruskulei
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:23:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2010
Posts: 204
Location: kenya
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:25:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



Price discovery,should settle around 13
Ericsson
#16 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 10:04:45 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



https://www.businessdail...70688-gjdrp1/index.html

Co-op Bank is set to open five new branches, taking its total physical outlets to 160 despite the industry’s growing focus on digital banking channels.

The new branches will be based in Nairobi, Kapenguria, Maralal and Chogoria as the lender seeks to keep up with competition in cash-rich areas while also reaching out to underserved regions.

In Nairobi, Co-op Bank will add two more branches — one along Kenyatta Avenue at Standard Building and another at the upcoming Parliament tower.
Ericsson
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:12:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



https://www.businessdail...70688-gjdrp1/index.html

Co-op Bank is set to open five new branches, taking its total physical outlets to 160 despite the industry’s growing focus on digital banking channels.

The new branches will be based in Nairobi, Kapenguria, Maralal and Chogoria as the lender seeks to keep up with competition in cash-rich areas while also reaching out to underserved regions.

In Nairobi, Co-op Bank will add two more branches — one along Kenyatta Avenue at Standard Building and another at the upcoming Parliament tower.


Co-op bank Kenyatta Avenue branch is being opened today.
Ericsson
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:05:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



Price discovery,should settle around 13


Closing price today as per NSE website 12.10
Angelica _ann
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:41:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,979
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



https://www.businessdail...70688-gjdrp1/index.html

Co-op Bank is set to open five new branches, taking its total physical outlets to 160 despite the industry’s growing focus on digital banking channels.

The new branches will be based in Nairobi, Kapenguria, Maralal and Chogoria as the lender seeks to keep up with competition in cash-rich areas while also reaching out to underserved regions.

In Nairobi, Co-op Bank will add two more branches — one along Kenyatta Avenue at Standard Building and another at the upcoming Parliament tower.


Co-op bank Kenyatta Avenue branch is being opened today.


Still has too much focus on brick & mortar!!! Evolve to ICT banking too slow.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:44:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Demand is huge on this counter. Any news??



https://www.businessdail...70688-gjdrp1/index.html

Co-op Bank is set to open five new branches, taking its total physical outlets to 160 despite the industry’s growing focus on digital banking channels.

The new branches will be based in Nairobi, Kapenguria, Maralal and Chogoria as the lender seeks to keep up with competition in cash-rich areas while also reaching out to underserved regions.

In Nairobi, Co-op Bank will add two more branches — one along Kenyatta Avenue at Standard Building and another at the upcoming Parliament tower.


Co-op bank Kenyatta Avenue branch is being opened today.


Still has too much focus on brick & mortar!!! Evolve to ICT banking too slow.


Default rates on digital loans is high
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.