Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Apr 11, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Why dustbowl is the future [755]
International Brokers - Available in Kenya for Ken... [11]
Bamburi Cement 2019 [84]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2871]
Uchumi - A value play? [557]
KCB buy buy buy [1356]
FIRE - Financial Independence, Retire Early [23]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15181]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [422]
DogeCoin: Does it have a future? [13]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1464]
BOC Gases FY19 [4]
Centum 2019/2020 [139]
TOTAL KENYA FY 2020 [2]
411 on dividend and AGM [1015]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24%
cnn
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:10:35 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/17/2009
Posts: 1,567
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .
obiero
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:57:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,878
Location: nairobi
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
rwitre
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:04:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 492
Location: Nairobi
rwitre
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:12:36 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 492
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50
cyruskulei
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:16:09 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2010
Posts: 281
Location: kenya
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Fair results
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

obiero
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:22:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,878
Location: nairobi
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Stock will continue to slide down to fair value of KES 32
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
rwitre
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:46:07 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 492
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Stock will continue to slide down to fair value of KES 32


Share price of 32 based on what Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Current NAV: Sh 44
Current DY at today's price: 12.5%

It is already at a discount, and an attractive price.

If it gets to 32, it will be at a discount of 27% from NAV, and clock a DY of 15.6% which is:
- Higher than every T-Bill or Bond in the country
- Higher than nearly all MMFs
- Will be the highest DY on the NSE

If it touches 32 we are liquidating other counters and loading up on this one.
watesh
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:51:15 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 866
Location: Kenya
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had
littledove
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:15:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 819
Location: sky
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Stock will continue to slide down to fair value of KES 32


Share price of 32 based on what Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Current NAV: Sh 44
Current DY at today's price: 12.5%

It is already at a discount, and an attractive price.

If it gets to 32, it will be at a discount of 27% from NAV
, and clock a DY of 15.6% which is:
- Higher than every T-Bill or Bond in the country
- Higher than nearly all MMFs
- Will be the highest DY on the NSE

If it touches 32 we are liquidating other counters and loading up on this one.


most shares are at a discount to nav for example check centum nav of 70s against price of 30 , kenya re, carbacid very huge discounts
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
watesh
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:34:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 866
Location: Kenya
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Revenue contribution 78% print, 17% broadcast and 5% digital
Angelica _ann
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:58:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,837
watesh wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Revenue contribution 78% print, 17% broadcast and 5% digital


They better work on digital, viusasa manenos!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
rwitre
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:07:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 492
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Revenue contribution 78% print, 17% broadcast and 5% digital


They better work on digital, viusasa manenos!!!


There is growth there....
Digital copy sales up 24%
Kenya Buzz +15%
Lit 360 up over 100%
Google Ad revenue up over 100%

Digital sources contribution to total revenue still low, but on an upward trajectory.
Kusadikika
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:09:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,685
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.
shocks
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:20:40 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/15/2009
Posts: 353
rwitre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
watesh wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
cnn wrote:
Investor briefing for half year on at this moment .

Mungu awe nanyi


Turnover down 7%
PAT down 23.7%
Total assets up 5.2% (from FY 18)
Total cash up 29% (from FY 18)
EPS Sh.2.21
Interim DPS Sh. 1.50

Revenue contribution 78% print, 17% broadcast and 5% digital


They better work on digital, viusasa manenos!!!


There is growth there....
Digital copy sales up 24%
Kenya Buzz +15%
Lit 360 up over 100%
Google Ad revenue up over 100%

Digital sources contribution to total revenue still low, but on an upward trajectory.


They seem to be chasing google AdSense revenue aggressively with full screen ads for mobile readers. This has a negative impact on readers experience and will eventually drive off mobile readers from its website
murchr
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:41:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,957
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Fyatu
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:01:44 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,813
Location: Nakuru
murchr wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued



They can start a strictly business/investment TV like CNBCA, Bloomberg or buyout Metropol TV and make it an East African thing. Judging by the number of Kenyans who are into investments be it mashinani, or humu humu wazua, i bet they can make advertising revenue
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Kusadikika
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:39:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,685
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued



They can start a strictly business/investment TV like CNBCA, Bloomberg or buyout Metropol TV and make it an East African thing. Judging by the number of Kenyans who are into investments be it mashinani, or humu humu wazua, i bet they can make advertising revenue



I would recommend going the other direction, get more gutter, get more emotional and get popular vernacular presenters who currently run their own small shows. Go on Youtube and see how many views shows like "Metha ya Kagoni", "Jeff Kuria Tv" and "Kikuyu Diaspora Tv" get. These are one man/woman TV stations except for Monica Kagoni who is with Mt. Kenya TV but it is still her show.
murchr
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:40:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,957
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued



They can start a strictly business/investment TV like CNBCA, Bloomberg or buyout Metropol TV and make it an East African thing. Judging by the number of Kenyans who are into investments be it mashinani, or humu humu wazua, i bet they can make advertising revenue


Or a full blown lifestyle TV. Movies, Music, entertainment news, etc
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:48:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,521
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued



They can start a strictly business/investment TV like CNBCA, Bloomberg or buyout Metropol TV and make it an East African thing. Judging by the number of Kenyans who are into investments be it mashinani, or humu humu wazua, i bet they can make advertising revenue


Or a full blown lifestyle TV. Movies, Music, entertainment news, etc


Make an acquisition of Zuku TV or Kwese Kenya Assets
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
murchr
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:51:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,957
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
watesh wrote:
NMG is really missing out on proper radio revenue. Its the one platform they never got right despite all the money they had


In radio and TV, if you don't have Kikuyu stations you are missing out big time. I would advise they buy Mt. Kenya TV. They have really good programs but nasikia Ngirici halipi mishahara. They are the most mashinani focused TV station in Kenya.



The kikuyu space is overcrowded now. They still can make more in broadcast by getting a no news channel.


But if mr chairman left then may be an even more aggressive agenda can be pursued



They can start a strictly business/investment TV like CNBCA, Bloomberg or buyout Metropol TV and make it an East African thing. Judging by the number of Kenyans who are into investments be it mashinani, or humu humu wazua, i bet they can make advertising revenue


Or a full blown lifestyle TV. Movies, Music, entertainment news, etc


Make an acquisition of Zuku TV or Kwese Kenya Assets


They have the assets....Remember they closed down a Kiswahili station and bought an online magazine.....why not go full blown entertainment with that. That's a niche market that will soon be grabbed by Caroline Mutoko and the Star if they dont move fast
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.