Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jul 11, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018 [76]
Pertinent Question: Private Equity vs Public Equit... [3]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15029]
CIC Insurance 2019 [83]
Alternative hypothesis:Only idiots make money on N... [36]
WPP ScanGroup Plc FY 2019 [35]
Madness at the NSE [2298]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3534]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [202]
Why dustbowl is the future [567]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2057]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [372]
Realities of Forex Investment [3913]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2847]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [227]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
My Watch List - Buys in Q4 2019
young
#81 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2019 6:01:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,928
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom and KCB
Buying period extended to include 2020 Q1


Safaricom has really disappointed me, i gave up!!! smile


How did it disappoint you?


Was waiting for sub 25 bob, looks unlikely now!!!


Buy time for safaricom is between November and end of February.
I'm also waiting for it at sub 25.
If you look at the 1 year trend it hit a low of 21.20 in January this year


With the rate cap almost over and with good H1 2019/2020 results of Safaricom , I am almost sure the "TIMING" formula will not work this time around because of unfolding events.
Stock market is fundamentals and information driven rather than timing.

Safaricom counter will rise in tandem with post rate cap banking counters. You saw the recent manifestation that made Safaricom print 30 bob after a long while.

Thanks and Regards

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#82 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2019 7:07:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,928
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
DELETED
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#83 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2019 7:16:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,576
Location: NAIROBI
Egypt's Commercial international bank has obtained board's approval to purchase stake in a bank operating in Kenya
sparkly
#84 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:50:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,807
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
Egypt's Commercial international bank has obtained board's approval to purchase stake in a bank operating in Kenya


Which one? Taking a wild guess... Sidian?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#85 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:54:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,604
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Egypt's Commercial international bank has obtained board's approval to purchase stake in a bank operating in Kenya


Which one? Taking a wild guess... Sidian?


Mwalimu ....
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#86 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2019 7:57:25 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,830
Location: Kitale
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Egypt's Commercial international bank has obtained board's approval to purchase stake in a bank operating in Kenya


Which one? Taking a wild guess... Sidian?


Mwalimu ....



Hfck.......
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Metch
#87 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2019 9:25:33 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/22/2015
Posts: 197
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Egypt's Commercial international bank has obtained board's approval to purchase stake in a bank operating in Kenya


Which one? Taking a wild guess... Sidian?


Mwalimu ....



Hfck.......


Are these guesses?
Anyone with info,,,
Start!
VituVingiSana
#88 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2019 7:34:51 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,108
Location: Nairobi
I "hope" it is Sidian Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
BUT I do not mind/care if it is not.

Sidian seems to have turned around and with the rate cap gone it could make up for lost ground.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:42:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,807
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:46:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,604
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#91 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:24:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,807
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#92 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:24:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2010
Posts: 2,095
Location: Sundowner,Amboseli
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


Equity at 36 was quite a BUY. Had bought it at 40.3 a week or so before you put out these buy recommendations and was down 11.76%. I couldn't believe one could lose that much in 2 weeks. Plus @Ericsson would camp at the Equity thread posting all manner of negative stuffsmile ......from money disappearing from client accounts to how long it would take Equity to break even from investments in DRC, Rwanda, Zambia and Mozambique, while propping up KCB.
Well, 2.5 months later, the Repeal happened!
Markets
lochaz-index
#93 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:42:04 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,119
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#94 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:48:13 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,119
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


Equity at 36 was quite a BUY. Had bought it at 40.3 a week or so before you put out these buy recommendations and was down 11.76%. I couldn't believe one could lose that much in 2 weeks. Plus @Ericsson would camp at the Equity thread posting all manner of negative stuffsmile ......from money disappearing from client accounts to how long it would take Equity to break even from investments in DRC, Rwanda, Zambia and Mozambique, while propping up KCB.
Well, 2.5 months later, the Repeal happened!

I'm a tad disappointed that banks haven't rallied further even after release of Q3 results, the bear pressure is unrelenting...the market hasn't gone anywhere near the 3000 mark.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#95 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:33:22 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,108
Location: Nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
xxxxx
#96 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:38:07 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 501
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?


I thought s/he meant "accumulating a war chest"Drool
sparkly
#97 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:40:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,807
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?


whatever happened to the derivatives market? Anyway i see a buyer tempting the sellers with an bid of 100 shares at 450.
Life is short. Live passionately.
lochaz-index
#98 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:03:19 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,119
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?


whatever happened to the derivatives market? Anyway i see a buyer tempting the sellers with an bid of 100 shares at 450.

Talk to your brokers. Safcom equity, kcb, eabl, bat, kengen and bamburi are eligible for shorting (not sure about the last two) as is the NSE25. Thin volumes though so it's hard not to leave footprints.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#99 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:20:18 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,108
Location: Nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?


whatever happened to the derivatives market? Anyway i see a buyer tempting the sellers with an bid of 100 shares at 450.

Talk to your brokers. Safcom equity, kcb, eabl, bat, kengen and bamburi are eligible for shorting (not sure about the last two) as is the NSE25. Thin volumes though so it's hard not to leave footprints.

Which broker do you use?
My broker said they do not or cannot short stocks.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
McGill
#100 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:50:35 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/1/2019
Posts: 26
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I am looking at the following stocks...

1. BAT, now at 485;
2. Equity, now at 36;

Looking very Juicy!


Missed Equity at 36 coz of problems with iTrader. Just bought some I&M at 50 bob.


BAT, sellers are very stubborn at 510 bob smile


True but the bears seem to be getting the upper hand. I am waiting for 450 to print in the next 7 days.

I've lined up my shorts on that one as well.
How do you short BAT?


whatever happened to the derivatives market? Anyway i see a buyer tempting the sellers with an bid of 100 shares at 450.

Talk to your brokers. Safcom equity, kcb, eabl, bat, kengen and bamburi are eligible for shorting (not sure about the last two) as is the NSE25. Thin volumes though so it's hard not to leave footprints.

Which broker do you use?
My broker said they do not or cannot short stocks.


My broker told me the same thing. I would love to hear someone's experience on short trades.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<34567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.