Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Mar 28, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3371]
Madness at the NSE [2221]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [445]
Building an apartment complex. Too good to be true... [27]
Actionable Intelligence [3]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2134]
Centum 2019/2020 [96]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14438]
Flame Tree Group 2019 [26]
First World Markets Shenanigans [127]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2824]
Corona Wish List 2020 [64]
Investors Lounge [5351]
ABSA - regional bank [3]
NCC building Nairobi [1]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
2020 Watch List - Buy/Sell
Ericsson
#61 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 10:45:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,158
Location: NAIROBI
Extraterrestrial wrote:
CO-OP owns some CIC. FV losses upcoming?

Nope.
CIC is an associate holding of co-op bank.
What will be reported is share of associate's profits.
muganda
#62 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 11:22:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,868
Ericsson wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
CO-OP owns some CIC. FV losses upcoming?

Nope.
CIC is an associate holding of co-op bank.
What will be reported is share of associate's profits.

What of the FV bonus for CIC, upcoming? d'oh!
Ericsson
#63 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 11:58:07 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,158
Location: NAIROBI
muganda wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
CO-OP owns some CIC. FV losses upcoming?

Nope.
CIC is an associate holding of co-op bank.
What will be reported is share of associate's profits.

What of the FV bonus for CIC, upcoming? d'oh!


Not considered,only share of associate profits.
Angelica _ann
#64 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 12:44:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,286
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]2020 accumulation:

1. BAT

2. Coop

3. EABL

4. Stanchart


BBK/ABSAsmile whenever there is change in the account/Odd lots.

Speculation, never never - ARM d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!




This is a cautious approach indeed .BAT,EABL and Stanchart are mature businesses.Coop should adopt a robust approach but they are playing sluggishly which is good for a cautious investor.
Will ABSA adopt a robust approach or a laid back approach? let's see with the rebranding still going on.
I will encourage you to add one robust stock to give you balance.


I want to sleep easy going forward//agesmile . I speculated during Kibaki and UMK - now time to consolidate and relax (let me eat lifesmile smile smile ).

Going more near cash (T-bill roll overs) as we head towards 2022. I think next opportunity to buy will be just around the next general election.

My shares' choice is based on their likely resilience to any negative effects in the economy.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#65 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:16:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,650
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]2020 accumulation:

1. BAT

2. Coop

3. EABL

4. Stanchart


BBK/ABSAsmile whenever there is change in the account/Odd lots.

Speculation, never never - ARM d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!




This is a cautious approach indeed .BAT,EABL and Stanchart are mature businesses.Coop should adopt a robust approach but they are playing sluggishly which is good for a cautious investor.
Will ABSA adopt a robust approach or a laid back approach? let's see with the rebranding still going on.
I will encourage you to add one robust stock to give you balance.


I want to sleep easy going forward//agesmile . I speculated during Kibaki and UMK - now time to consolidate and relax (let me eat lifesmile smile smile ).

Going more near cash (T-bill roll overs) as we head towards 2022. I think next opportunity to buy will be just around the next general election.

My shares' choice is based on their likely resilience to any negative effects in the economy.


The EABL mini-rally has collapsed.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#66 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:58:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,286
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]2020 accumulation:

1. BAT

2. Coop

3. EABL

4. Stanchart


BBK/ABSAsmile whenever there is change in the account/Odd lots.

Speculation, never never - ARM d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!




This is a cautious approach indeed .BAT,EABL and Stanchart are mature businesses.Coop should adopt a robust approach but they are playing sluggishly which is good for a cautious investor.
Will ABSA adopt a robust approach or a laid back approach? let's see with the rebranding still going on.
I will encourage you to add one robust stock to give you balance.


I want to sleep easy going forward//agesmile . I speculated during Kibaki and UMK - now time to consolidate and relax (let me eat lifesmile smile smile ).

Going more near cash (T-bill roll overs) as we head towards 2022. I think next opportunity to buy will be just around the next general election.

My shares' choice is based on their likely resilience to any negative effects in the economy.


The EABL mini-rally has collapsed.


EABL and BAT will find it rough due to harsh policy and operational environment in Kenya but i they will weather the storm and stabilize by end of next year (2021) - strong parent companies (balance sheet and reserves plus immediate support whenever needed) and very good governance and leadership/management globally, regionally and locally.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#67 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:58:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,650
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Fyatu
#68 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:13:19 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,705
Location: Nakuru
I thought some buses had left for good. Some gems are now back to rate-cap regime prices.

An opportunity to buy. Buy! Buy! Buy! There will be a bull in mid-March
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Angelica _ann
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:33:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,286
sparkly wrote:
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.


Hatuna pesa kama yeye .... endless cash!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:05:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,158
Location: NAIROBI
Fyatu wrote:
I thought some buses had left for good. Some gems are now back to rate-cap regime prices.

An opportunity to buy. Buy! Buy! Buy! There will be a bull in mid-March


Bull run will be after the corona virus is contained
sparkly
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:09:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,650
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.


Hatuna pesa kama yeye .... endless cash!!!!


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly VVS says we buy with whatever little we have
Life is short. Live passionately.
young
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:09:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,919
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
1. Speculators :- This is a time to buy
and make some gains by March end as
the market will be bullish then.

2. Long Termers:- Time to accumulate more
especially on dividend counters .
Within the next 8 weeks
KCB will declare 2.50
SCBK. 14.00
ABSA. 0.90
Scan. 1.00
Kengen. 0.40
Safaricom 1.50
Fahr. 0.75
Coop. 1.00 likely cum bonus
EABL already declared 3.0 interim



The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 2:55:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,158
Location: NAIROBI
young wrote:
1. Speculators :- This is a time to buy
and make some gains by March end as
the market will be bullish then.

2. Long Termers:- Time to accumulate more
especially on dividend counters .
Within the next 8 weeks
KCB will declare 2.50
SCBK. 14.00
ABSA. 0.90
Scan. 1.00
Kengen. 0.40 This is a wait and see since the office of AG is still vacant
Safaricom 1.50 That is on the higher side
Fahr. 0.75
Coop. 1.00 likely cum bonus
EABL already declared 3.0 interim




Ericsson
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:10:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,158
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
1. Speculators :- This is a time to buy
and make some gains by March end as
the market will be bullish then.

2. Long Termers:- Time to accumulate more
especially on dividend counters .
Within the next 8 weeks
KCB will declare 2.50
SCBK. 14.00
ABSA. 0.90
Scan. 1.00
Kengen. 0.40 This is a wait and see since the office of AG is still vacant
Safaricom 1.50 That is on the higher side
Fahr. 0.75
Coop. 1.00 likely cum bonus
EABL already declared 3.0 interim





Safaricom I give a dividend estimate of 1.30 to 1.35 due to the need to conserve cash for Ethiopia expansion
Aguytrying
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:23:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
Swenani wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
After going through some good beatings last year in my portfolio,i have gotten rid of some companies and now it looks like this:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC
it's not perfect yet but I'm working work hard to improve.


As an experienced NSE trader and guru, I think your portfolio is too big if you are investing for long term. But if buying for speculation(<2yrs), then the potofolio is okay.




Hmm, why is it too big for long term?


Not sure about the value of his portfolios but my thinking is that small traders need not have more than three counters


I think upto 5-8 stocks is a good number, diversified into the various sectors. But if an investor finds it difficult to follow all of them, then they could go with a smaller number.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#76 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:29:42 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,869
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.


Hatuna pesa kama yeye .... endless cash!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly VVS says we buy with whatever little we have
Haba na haba hujaza ________ smile
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#77 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:30:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 792
Location: Kenya
young wrote:
1. Speculators :- This is a time to buy
and make some gains by March end as
the market will be bullish then.

2. Long Termers:- Time to accumulate more
especially on dividend counters .
Within the next 8 weeks
KCB will declare 2.50
SCBK. 14.00
ABSA. 0.90
Scan. 1.00
Kengen. 0.40
Safaricom 1.50
Fahr. 0.75
Coop. 1.00 likely cum bonus
EABL already declared 3.0 interim




Corona virus panic sells will give us some sweet yields, time to build up some ammo
young
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:04:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,919
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
young wrote:
1. Speculators :- This is a time to buy
and make some gains by March end as
the market will be bullish then.

2. Long Termers:- Time to accumulate more
especially on dividend counters .
Within the next 8 weeks
KCB will declare 2.50
SCBK. 14.00
ABSA. 0.90
Scan. 1.00
Kengen. 0.40
Safaricom 1.50
Fahr. 0.75
Coop. 1.00 likely cum bonus
EABL already declared 3.0 interim





https://www.the-star.co....ipped-to-grow-above-14/



A sign of things to come that will stir up temporary bullishness of the market in March.



The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
sparkly
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:18:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,650
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.


Hatuna pesa kama yeye .... endless cash!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly VVS says we buy with whatever little we have
Haba na haba hujaza ________ smile



Btw Warren Buffet has bought an IPhone
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 8:09:14 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,869
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Warren Buffet's Letter 2019

He reminds his disciples to buy cheap...

Quote:
... we constantly seek to buy new businesses that meet three criteria. First, they must earn good
returns on the net tangible capital required in their operation. Second, they must be run by able and honest managers. Finally, they must be available at a sensible price.


Hatuna pesa kama yeye .... endless cash!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly VVS says we buy with whatever little we have
Haba na haba hujaza ________ smile



Btw Warren Buffet has bought an IPhone

Most expensive iPhone $1,300?
Warren Buffett: $87,000,000,000
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.