Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Coronavirus [700]
Life after Covid-19 [28]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [468]
One word uttered most everyday, everywhere in Keny... [43]
Snake up the rod [6]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson [69]
Kenny Rogers: Country Music Legend [21]
Curfew [5]
Why I reject the BBI [419]
Journalist &, Blogger Dennis Itumbi arrested [196]
Murder mysteries :Michael Maingi Kyengo , and ... [15]
POTUS TRUMP [1398]
Ruto should name his running mate [29]
Zimbabwe COUP - Mugabe ARRESTED [105]
Hosni Mubarak, adios [8]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kenny Rogers: Country Music Legend
aemathenge
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:23:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
Country music legend Kenny Rogers, whose career spanned six decades, has died at the age of 81, his family said late Friday.

A three-time Grammy winner, Rogers was known for a string of hits including:

"The Gambler"

"Lucille"

"Islands in the Stream."

Born in Texas, Rogers started his career in the late 1950s and quickly became active in rockabilly, jazz and other genres that he brought into his country style.

He went on to have 24 number one hits, was a six-time Country Music Awards winner and a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

His easygoing ballads and constant touring won him mainstream pop appeal, as have his popular takes on Christmas standards.

Rogers also came to prominence through his collaboration with Dolly Parton and appearances on films and television programs including "The Muppet Show."

Source: https://www.nation.co.ke...99074-159dnr8/index.html
aemathenge
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:33:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
But you could've heard a pin drop when Tommy stopped and locked the door

https://genius.com/Kenny...ard-of-the-county-lyrics
Bigchick
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:17:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,860
Location: At Large.
Central Kenya joins the Roger's Family and people of Texas in mourning his demise.

Had it not been for Corona we would be headed to Texas for the funeral.

Rest Well Kenny Rogers.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
masukuma
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 10:58:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
aemathenge
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:27:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:14:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,927
Location: Kianjokoma
A career spanning over 6 decades! When you're good at what you doApplause Applause

A side note, FIVE marriages!!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Bigchick
#7 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 5:35:54 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,860
Location: At Large.
Lolest! wrote:
A career spanning over 6 decades! When you're good at what you doApplause Applause

A side note, FIVE marriages!!



Yes I too noticed the 5 marriages.

I think it goes with the career.Too much attention from women thus too many temptations.Then it gets to his head and he treats women in a trashy way.

Anyway if he was happy,who am I........
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 10:40:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
aemathenge
#9 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 11:19:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.
masukuma
#10 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 11:22:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
aemathenge
#11 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 11:46:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.

If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.
masukuma
#12 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 4:10:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
aemathenge
#13 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 4:22:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭


So, what is with the pictures of living Legends and none of Kenny Rogers?
masukuma
#14 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 4:58:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭


So, what is with the pictures of living Legends and none of Kenny Rogers?


My bad - Wrong photo 😭😭😭

RIP Kenny Rogers


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
aemathenge
#15 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 6:34:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭


So, what is with the pictures of living Legends and none of Kenny Rogers?


My bad - Wrong photo 😭😭😭

RIP Kenny Rogers


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

Momma don't need you anymore,
And I don't need you like before,
You can go on back to where you went before...
You're just a stranger.
sqft
#16 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:48:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 188
Location: Kenya
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭


So, what is with the pictures of living Legends and none of Kenny Rogers?


My bad - Wrong photo 😭😭😭

RIP Kenny Rogers


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

Momma don't need you anymore,
And I don't need you like before,
You can go on back to where you went before...
You're just a stranger.


His badder - Wronger photo.

Proverbs 31: 3 Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women
aemathenge
#17 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:17:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya


So that's the game. How slow of me.

Well, my bad
aemathenge
#18 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:28:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,184
Location: Kerugoya
Do not leave him or her because of the hard times brought by The Virus, or will you?


Quote:
In a bar in Toledo across from the depot
On a barstool, she took off her ring
I thought I'd get closer so I walked on over
I sat down and asked her name

When the drinks finally hit her she said "I'm no quitter
But I finally quit livin' on dreams
I'm hungry for laughter and here ever after
I'm after whatever the other life brings"


In the mirror, I saw him and I closely watched him
I thought how he looked out of place
He came to the woman who sat there beside me
He had a strange look on his face
The big hands were calloused, he looked like a mountain
For a minute I thought I was dead
But he started shaking, his big heart was breaking
He turned to the woman and said

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
With four hungry children and a crop in the field
I've had some bad times, lived through some sad times
But this time your hurting won't heal
You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille"


After he left us, I ordered more whiskey
I thought how she'd made him look small
From the lights of the barroom
To a rented hotel room

We walked without talking at all

She was a beauty but when she came to me
She must have thought I'd lost my mind
I couldn't hold her 'cause the words that he told her
Kept coming back time after time

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
With four hungry children and a crop in the field
I've had some bad times, lived through some sad times
But this time your hurting won't heal
You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
Lolest!
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:57:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,927
Location: Kianjokoma
Quote:
Momma don't need you anymore,
And I don't need you like before,
You can go on back to where you went before...
You're just a stranger.

Had forgotten this song. They didn't play it in the various Kenny Rogers memorial radio shows over the weekend

Great track
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
masukuma
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:38:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,261
Location: Nairobi
sqft wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
masukuma wrote:
RIP Kenny Rogers You will be greatly missed 😭😭😭 πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Hang on! Are you insinuating Chuck Norris Dead?

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ



Wrong again.

That is Clint Eastwood.

My bad - Wrong photo.

RIP Kenny Rogers


πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ


Is this a joke or a test?

Because I do not find this funny.


If you have issues with Kenny Rogers, please come out and say so.


Why? he died! he was a great musician.


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ 😭😭😭


So, what is with the pictures of living Legends and none of Kenny Rogers?


My bad - Wrong photo 😭😭😭

RIP Kenny Rogers


RIP πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

Momma don't need you anymore,
And I don't need you like before,
You can go on back to where you went before...
You're just a stranger.


His badder - Wronger photo.


you forgot RIP and a series of Emojis

πŸ˜‰
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.