Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jan 24, 2017
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Law Capping interest rates [1771]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [2430]
KENGEN FY16 [114]
Kengen success [746]
The KenolKobil 2015 pendulum [1336]
Kenya Re - what gives? [473]
Kenya Economy Watch [1346]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1661]
How to tell NSE has bottomed out [5544]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [6943]
directional forecast [535]
Water NEVER runs dry [5]
Coop Bank - Stocksmaster's 1st Play 2013 [642]
25 things to remember about investment by Motley F... [7]
Kenya Airways, let us buy now [41]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

348 Pages«<341342343344345>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#6841 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:05:52 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
In the meantime, my local kiosk, painted red, quietly makes more profit in one day than KQ has made in the past 5 years.

LOL.. Trouble only lasts for a while. The darkest hour is always before dawn

possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#6842 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:22:33 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
In the meantime, my local kiosk, painted red, quietly makes more profit in one day than KQ has made in the past 5 years.

@maka, Is this for LHR only.They normally rank them.

KQ is performing very poorly. I cannot wait to hear who will be the next CEO. I hope the CEO will be on board by Apr-17.This is bad news for KQ. If this is LHR results then change of schedule done in 2016 is to blame for this mess.

Can you please confirm if these results pertains to LHR only.
maka
#6843 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:13:00 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KQ is performing very poorly. I cannot wait to hear who will be the next CEO. I hope the CEO will be on board by Apr-17.This is bad news for KQ. If this is LHR results then change of schedule done in 2016 is to blame for this mess.

https://www.bloomberg.co...t-airlines-in-the-world

http://www.flightstats.c...nce-service-awards-data/
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#6844 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:20:31 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]In the meantime, my local kiosk, painted red, quietly makes more profit in one day than KQ has made in the past 5 years.

http://www.flightstats.c...ce-service-awards-data/[/quote]

Overall OTP, then this is bad for KQ. More needs to be done but unfortunately it is untill the next CEO takes over. The COO from KLM is of no help as far as I am concerned.
muandiwambeu
#6845 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:51:06 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]In the meantime, my local kiosk, painted red, quietly makes more profit in one day than KQ has made in the past 5 years.

Overall OTP, then this is bad for KQ. More needs to be done but unfortunately it is untill the next CEO takes over. The COO from KLM is of no help as far as I am concerned.

Phew.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#6846 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:53:39 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

Phew.

There were incessant go slows in 2016 hence the bleak outcome..

COOP 12,000; HF 5,300; KQ 39,500

obiero
#6847 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:07:13 PM

KQ sacks more staff in second retrenchment phase http://www.businessdaily...12090-yvks4tz/index.html

muandiwambeu
#6848 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:17:25 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

Phew.

There were incessant go slows in 2016 hence the bleak outcome..

ppt very steady.
But am not buying sordid news anymore. Sacking more employees, I thought only ngunzio and croonies where remaining ticking on this dead cat skin. Waaahaaaa. More can of worms opening.Sad Sad Sad Sad
obiero
#6849 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:16:33 PM

KQ staff costs expected to dip by KES 3B
in the coming year
. Exactly the loss before tax in the below projection.. KQ shall finally return to profit..

muandiwambeu
#6850 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:39:08 PM

obiero wrote:
in the coming year
. Exactly the loss before tax in the below projection.. KQ shall finally return to profit..

Liar Liar Liar Liar
But there are no more planes to lease or idle London slots to sell next year to pampers results like the ones you just pulled out @obiero.
Kujitembeza ndiyo mingi hapa
ArrestedDev
#6851 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:14:55 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

Liar Liar Liar Liar
But there are no more planes to lease or idle London slots to sell next year to pampers results like the ones you just pulled out @obiero.
Kujitembeza ndiyo mingi hapa

This second phase of retrenchment may lead to another industrial action and hence further losses for FY 16/17.This CEO and his Mckinsey guys should not have been allowed to handle any other sensitive thing in KQ.

Let's watch how it is going to play out. He is promising to handle it carefully but as usual they will screw it up.
HaMaina
#6852 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:23:26 AM

obiero wrote:
in the coming year

How many wild dances and beheaded chicken were used by the mganga to give these projections? They are impressive though.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
ArrestedDev
#6853 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:53:59 AM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

How many wild dances and beheaded chicken were used by the mganga to give these projections? They are impressive though.

Exactly. This is the work of a witch doctor. Results like these will only be seen after two years when the new CEO with a vast aviation experience joins.

Redundancy costs will have a very serious impact on the P&L. Please expect a 10billion plus loss to be reported come July 17.

After Ngunze exit, more hidden blunders will be unearthed.
VituVingiSana
#6854 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:54:11 AM

obiero wrote:
in the coming year

KK has KQ covered. KK "forecasts" 3bn in PAT for FY 2016 [excluding KPRL provisions]. We all have to do our part. KK will do its part.

*Please fill up at KK. KQ and cronies to pay cash.*
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#6855 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:32:16 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

Exactly. This is the work of a witch doctor. Results like these will only be seen after two years when the new CEO with a vast aviation experience joins.

Redundancy costs will have a very serious impact on the P&L. Please expect a 10billion plus loss to be reported come July 17.

LOL.. We await the official results

muandiwambeu
#6856 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:42:27 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

@arested pliiz do not say it again. We have sensitive hearts and news of heart attacks are on rise. Not all news are good to buy, neither for your health.
VituVingiSana
#6857 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:52:44 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

Truth!
A new broom sweeps clean. A new (foreign) CEO who has no ties to the crooked reign of Naikuni et al would not hesitate to call a spade a spade. When Ohana effectively took over from Segman, bad debts were written off. It served KK well to start from scratch.

I hope GoK doesn't pump more money into KQ. We have a large deficit to fill.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#6858 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:12:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

Truth!
A new broom sweeps clean. A new (foreign) CEO who has no ties to the crooked reign of Naikuni et al would not hesitate to call a spade a spade. When Ohana effectively took over from Segman, bad debts were written off. It served KK well to start from scratch.

Pesa lazima itoke.. What do you think Michael Joseph was doing at state house last week

muandiwambeu
#6859 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:24:24 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the coming year

Truth!

Pesa lazima itoke.. What do you think Michael Joseph was doing at state house last week

To beseach for earlier exit of rotten baggage inside there as they stink to much to bear. Pesa ni baadaye ndugu na dada.
obiero
#6860 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:53:10 PM

KQ likely to be among the best performing stock this year, just like last year