Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Oct 20, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenGen HY 2019 [200]
BRITAM 2019 [6]
Law Capping interest rates [2862]
How do you start a digital lending business? [3]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2766]
It's Darkest before the Dawn… and It's Been Pretty... [6]
Madness at the NSE [1834]
KCB or Equity Bank? [150]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13935]
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018 [33]
Consolidated Bank 5yr 4b bond [23]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [160]
KCB and NBK material announcement [224]
TPSEA has made its shareholders proud. [22]
NSE live prices mystocks, rich et al [44]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

697 Pages«<650651652653654>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#13021 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:57:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
Ericsson
#13022 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:18:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,444
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!


KLM are willing to relinquish their stake at any cost even if it's at ksh.1 and get out of KQ.
maka
#13023 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:28:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,202
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#13024 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:30:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!


KLM are willing to relinquish their stake at any cost even if it's at ksh.1 and get out of KQ.

Naive
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
FUNKY
#13025 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:38:08 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,516
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!


KLM are willing to relinquish their stake at any cost even if it's at ksh.1 and get out of KQ.

Naive


Why don't KLM appoint a CEO and get back KQ to profitability?
obiero
#13026 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:43:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.

Embraer from Eastern Europe??
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
obiero
#13027 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:52:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
FUNKY wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!


KLM are willing to relinquish their stake at any cost even if it's at ksh.1 and get out of KQ.

Naive


Why don't KLM appoint a CEO and get back KQ to profitability?

Conflict of interest.. Remember KQ success could affect Air France-KLM
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
nairobby
#13028 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:53:24 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/18/2019
Posts: 154
Location: kenya
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.


Scandal why?
obiero
#13029 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 10:20:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.


Scandal why?

You know @maka thoughts towards his national carrier.. Don't give him room
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#13030 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:21:24 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,448
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.

On KQ.. A revival plan has been drawn out backed by GoK cabinet paper.. Jubilee is the majority party. Handshake is in effect. A sale will be done at a price not less than KES 8.52.. That's a guarantee


I met one relationship ship manager of SBG yesterday and he said KQ minority shareholders will be worst hit if government buys out.. They might end up receiving between shs 1-1.50..
That's 1-1.50 more than the shares are worth.

The converted debt was cold hard cash.. KQ was given a lifeline by KQLC. How no one sees this is amusing


And KQLC have a signed deed that irrespective of prevailing share price of kq they can only be paid off at minimum sh.8.52
Then I vote for GoK to buy out KQLC immediately. smile
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#13031 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:23:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,448
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
For each KES 1 move I either gain or loose KES 221,100.. High risk, high return



Na watu wa Home Afrika?

HAFR will never rise above KES 1


Which means HAFR is higher risk than KQ, right?


Not necessarily...depends on alot of variables.


If @Obiero losses 1 bob on KQ, that is 25% of his investment. If I lose 67 cts on HAFR, that is 100% of my investment. Clearly HAFR is a riskier investment.


It is easier for Obiero to lose 100% of his KQ holdings coz no one gives a shiet about minority shareholders in KQ...unlike HAFR whose minority got some voice.

You are slightly right.. Only your language fails you.. It's a problem with most single people

Remember other shareholders hold 51.1% shareholding in KQ.
KQLC and KLM along with majority of the so called minority shareholders are wealthy women and men. A buyout has to be at a solid price or we shall buyout GoK!
Please do so ASAP. I will convince KQLC to take your offer of 8.52/share and walk away.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#13032 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 3:56:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,151
Location: Masada
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.


Why would Mikosz leave b4 December 31st?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#13033 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 4:05:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.


Why would Mikosz leave b4 December 31st?

Never ever would that occur. Remember Ngunze hanging on, post-dismissal date?
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
Ericsson
#13034 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 4:37:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,444
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
The 2 Embraers have been written off... It was that bad.

Replacements on the way from Rio


From Eastern Europe...Just wait for the scandal... SM might leave before Dec.


Why would Mikosz leave b4 December 31st?

Never ever would that occur. Remember Ngunze hanging on, post-dismissal date?

Hanging on post dismissal date is a trend common with Africans
obiero
#13035 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 6:18:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
Announcement of the Open Offer will cause a gold rush.. Watch and learn
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
sparkly
#13036 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 7:43:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,298
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
Announcement of the Open Offer will cause a gold rush.. Watch and learn


Thought you said you are not Jesus ☺☺☺
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#13037 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:17:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Announcement of the Open Offer will cause a gold rush.. Watch and learn


Thought you said you are not Jesus ☺☺☺

I'm not, but he is my Father!
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#13038 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:38:47 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,448
Location: Nairobi
Admitting your mistakes is not a sign of weakness
https://www.businessdail...160896-p6ojr2/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13039 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:42:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Admitting your mistakes is not a sign of weakness
https://www.businessdail...60896-p6ojr2/index.html


Lovely article.. Irrelevant to the thread, but well written
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#13040 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:48:43 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,448
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Admitting your mistakes is not a sign of weakness
https://www.businessdail...60896-p6ojr2/index.html


Lovely article.. Irrelevant to the thread, but well written

True. Not relevant to the thread Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest (10)
697 Pages«<650651652653654>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.