Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Feb 25, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24% [88]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [377]
Acorn D-REIT and I-REIT [1]
Carbacid Investments FY 2020 [26]
Stanbic 2019 [21]
BAT 2020 and beyond [20]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [604]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1367]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [59]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [572]
Express Kenya FY18 [13]
KenGen HY 2019 [670]
DogeCoin: Does it have a future? [8]
STOCKS TO BUY by yaserbigchair [193]
KCB buy buy buy [1344]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

758 Pages«<755756757758>
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Ericsson
#15121 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 10:37:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1350080637970079745


Can it be possible that KQ operates 28 planes, 25 owned by individuals, KQ owns 3 ??😒☹️😬

Y Not it's possible through leasing
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sqft
#15122 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 1:51:20 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 953
Location: Kenya
They fully own only 3 planes. The rest are leased or they are servicing loans for them.

https://www.businessdail...y%20paid%20for%20three.


Quote:
Kenya Airways owns 20 aircraft, Transport Secretary James Macharia reaffirmed on Monday, dismissing claims made by a Member of Parliament that the national carrier owns only three planes.

The airline is, however, still paying loans it took from foreign banks to buy 17 of the 20 aeroplanes, having fully paid for three.

He said another 20 planes have been leased from other aviation firms, bringing KQ’s fleet to 40.

“Of the 40 aeroplanes in its fleet, Kenya Airways has leased three Boeing 777-300ER aeroplanes to Turkish Airlines, and one Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner to Oman Air,” Mr Macharia said in a statement.


Seven of the planes whose loans are yet to be paid —six Boeing 787-8 and a Boeing 777-300 — were financed by City Bank, Jp Morgan Chase and African Export-Import (Afrexim) Bank under a credit facility dubbed Tsavo Ltd Structure.

The remainder 10 Embraer 190 were funded by London-headquartered Standard Chartered Bank and Afrexim Bank under a different facility, Samburu Ltd Loan structure, Mr Macharia said without disclosing the outstanding balance and terms.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sparkly
#15123 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 3:22:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,935
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1350080637970079745


Can it be possible that KQ operates 28 planes, 25 owned by individuals, KQ owns 3 ??😒☹️😬

Y Not it's possible through leasing


Indeed, in the aviation industry, only leasing makes economic sense. The leases last through the economic life of the asset. This means that by the time KQ fully pays for an aircraft so as to "own it" the plane is already junk, only fit for sale to risky airlines or to adorn beer gardens in @Mugundamans's DC.
Life is short. Live passionately.
HaMaina
#15124 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2021 8:12:49 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 786
What is a Lease or Leasing?

A famous quote by Donald B. Grant says, “Why own a cow when the milk is so cheap? All you really need is milk and not the cow.” The concept of Lease is influenced by this quote. We can compare ‘milk’ with the ‘rights to use an asset’ and ‘cow’ with the ‘asset’ itself. Ultimately, a person who wants to manufacture a product using machinery can get to use that machinery under a leasing arrangement without owning it.
A lease can be defined as an arrangement between the lessor (owner of the asset) and the lessee (user of the asset) whereby the lessor purchases an asset for the lessee and allows him to use it in exchange for periodical payments called lease rentals or minimum lease payments (MLP). Leasing is beneficial to both the parties for availing tax benefits or doing tax planning.
At the conclusion of the lease period, the asset goes back to the lessor (the owner) in an absence of any other provision in the contract regarding compulsory buying of the asset by the lessee (the user). There are four different things possible post-termination of the lease agreement.

The lease is renewed by the lessee perpetually or for a definite period of time.
The asset goes back to the lessor.
The asset comes back to the lessor and he sells it off to a third party.
Lessor sells to the lessee.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Ericsson
#15125 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:59:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1350080637970079745


Can it be possible that KQ operates 28 planes, 25 owned by individuals, KQ owns 3 ??😒☹️😬

Y Not it's possible through leasing


Indeed, in the aviation industry, only leasing makes economic sense. The leases last through the economic life of the asset. This means that by the time KQ fully pays for an aircraft so as to "own it" the plane is already junk, only fit for sale to risky airlines or to adorn beer gardens in @Mugundamans's DC.



Is it possible for them to buy second hand planes similar to the way Kenyans import second hand vehicles from Japan?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mufasa
#15126 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 8:49:45 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/15/2008
Posts: 182
Second Hand planes are very expensive to maintain. Worse still you may not be able to fly them into certain Airports.

So maybe for domestic use (Inter county travel, Training engineers and new pilots etc)
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
Ericsson
#15127 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 9:02:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
mufasa wrote:
Second Hand planes are very expensive to maintain. Worse still you may not be able to fly them into certain Airports.

So maybe for domestic use (Inter county travel, Training engineers and new pilots etc)


Even a 5 year old plane that was disposed by an airline in distress?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sqft
#15128 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 11:01:44 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 953
Location: Kenya
Some planes operating from wilson airport are 30yr old.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
obiero
#15129 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 9:37:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,863
Location: nairobi
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
maka
#15130 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 9:18:49 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,382
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli



Well Nyakundi was spot on...

Let me add... Currently 3 planes are out of service because of dues owed...

1 Dreamliner

2 737 - 800

From March to Date according to Allan KQ has added USD 400m in debt... Tafakari hayo.

When you reach a point your planes are being nabbed because of lack of payment something is terribly wrong.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15131 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:13:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,863
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli



Well Nyakundi was spot on...

Let me add... Currently 3 planes are out of service because of dues owed...

1 Dreamliner

2 737 - 800

From March to Date according to Allan KQ has added USD 400m in debt... Tafakari hayo.

When you reach a point your planes are being nabbed because of lack of payment something is terribly wrong.

The PPP would have sorted all this mess out, but we the Kenyan people thought with our hearts instead of the mind
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
Ericsson
#15132 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:21:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli



Well Nyakundi was spot on...

Let me add... Currently 3 planes are out of service because of dues owed...

1 Dreamliner

2 737 - 800

From March to Date according to Allan KQ has added USD 400m in debt... Tafakari hayo.

When you reach a point your planes are being nabbed because of lack of payment something is terribly wrong.

The PPP would have sorted all this mess out, but we the Kenyan people thought with our hearts instead of the mind


It was good PPP was rejected.
It would have hindered KAA from undertaking projects that improve Kenya's airports
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#15133 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:31:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,382
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli



Well Nyakundi was spot on...

Let me add... Currently 3 planes are out of service because of dues owed...

1 Dreamliner

2 737 - 800

From March to Date according to Allan KQ has added USD 400m in debt... Tafakari hayo.

When you reach a point your planes are being nabbed because of lack of payment something is terribly wrong.

The PPP would have sorted all this mess out, but we the Kenyan people thought with our hearts instead of the mind


It was good PPP was rejected.
It would have hindered KAA from undertaking projects that improve Kenya's airports


Ummmh PPP = Nationalization? That is still on course... After we finish with BBI I guess.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15134 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 7:56:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,863
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sqft wrote:
Can someone confirm?


Quote:
BREAKING: KthQ Amsterdam crew are stuck, their plane has been repossessed by the owners due to unpaid dues. Crew will be flying back on KLM today. Dreamliners also targeted.


Had seen this earlier, thought it was just gutter press, now I'm not sure.

Mjipe shughuli



Well Nyakundi was spot on...

Let me add... Currently 3 planes are out of service because of dues owed...

1 Dreamliner

2 737 - 800

From March to Date according to Allan KQ has added USD 400m in debt... Tafakari hayo.

When you reach a point your planes are being nabbed because of lack of payment something is terribly wrong.

The PPP would have sorted all this mess out, but we the Kenyan people thought with our hearts instead of the mind


It was good PPP was rejected.
It would have hindered KAA from undertaking projects that improve Kenya's airports


Ummmh PPP = Nationalization? That is still on course... After we finish with BBI I guess.

It's similar but not the same.. Anyways, let us await the cash
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
sqft
#15135 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2021 5:19:35 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 953
Location: Kenya
Times are tough in the airline industry.



Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
obiero
#15136 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2021 8:08:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,863
Location: nairobi
sqft wrote:
Times are tough in the airline industry.




Terrible https://www.businessdail...ment-instalments-3277524
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
littledove
#15137 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2021 8:01:30 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 814
Location: sky
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/mps-to-prioritise-kq-nationalisation-parliament-resumes-3282966
Parliament will prioritise the passage of a Bill that seeks to nationalise loss making national carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ) when lawmakers reconvene from recess tomorrow.

The National Aviation Management Bill 2020 is among the top State-backed items on the legislative calendar released by the National Assembly Clerk Michael Sialai.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Impunity
#15138 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 3:33:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,288
Location: Masada
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/mps-to-prioritise-kq-nationalisation-parliament-resumes-3282966
Parliament will prioritise the passage of a Bill that seeks to nationalise loss making national carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ) when lawmakers reconvene from recess tomorrow.

The National Aviation Management Bill 2020 is among the top State-backed items on the legislative calendar released by the National Assembly Clerk Michael Sialai.


Kes.10B bailout.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

HaMaina
#15139 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 7:23:40 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 786
Impunity wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/mps-to-prioritise-kq-nationalisation-parliament-resumes-3282966
Parliament will prioritise the passage of a Bill that seeks to nationalise loss making national carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ) when lawmakers reconvene from recess tomorrow.

The National Aviation Management Bill 2020 is among the top State-backed items on the legislative calendar released by the National Assembly Clerk Michael Sialai.


Kes.10B bailout.
Sad


10B for an organisation like KQ is not a bailout, it's a handout.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
maka
#15140 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 10:38:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,382
Location: Nairobi
HaMaina wrote:
Impunity wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/mps-to-prioritise-kq-nationalisation-parliament-resumes-3282966
Parliament will prioritise the passage of a Bill that seeks to nationalise loss making national carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ) when lawmakers reconvene from recess tomorrow.

The National Aviation Management Bill 2020 is among the top State-backed items on the legislative calendar released by the National Assembly Clerk Michael Sialai.


Kes.10B bailout.
Sad


10B for an organisation like KQ is not a bailout, it's a handout.



That is already finished kitambo sana.... Even before it was dished out.
possunt quia posse videntur
Users browsing this topic
Guest (17)
758 Pages«<755756757758>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.